AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are starting our outdoor pavilion with a TV over the fireplace. I am planning on having 4 speakers in the ceiling to play the TV. It will be powered with a Sonos Amp so these pavilion speakers can connect and play music with my 2 other outdoor zones. I don't need anything special as the main music will come from other zones and with the TV, we are just looking for some extra sound. The ceiling of the pavilion will be vaulted.

I've done a bunch of searching but haven't found any opinions on possible setups. I figure I could:

A. Put in-ceiling speakers in. This should work OK but read sound might not be great, which I think is still OK.

B. Get outdoor speakers and mount them maybe in the 4 corners. This might sound better than option A? But I'm not sure the wife would enjoy looking at large speakers in every corner.

Has anyone done anything they like? Both sound side and aesthetically? I think in-ceiling speakers would work fine but looking to see if there are options I'm not thinking about.

·
Premium Member
4,343 Posts
Pendant speakers are popular when looks are important....they add to the looks. Flush ceiling speakers do not add or take away......regular mounted boxes add to the looks or detract, depending on if you like the look/displaying of audio equipment......

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pendant speakers are popular when looks are important....they add to the looks.
Ah nice, I hadn't thought of those! I did think of maybe mounting small landscape speakers in the corners as well for aesthetics but I like your option a lot better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts