AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:

I would like to set up a sub outside, and it so happens that the indoor sub sits right opposite of where I would like to place the outdoor sub, but outside of course. My question is, can I share the subwoofer cable being used indoor that runs from the receiver to the sub and split it? This way I don't have to run another cable from the receiver. I'm not even sure my receiver supports two line out subs, highly doubtful. However, my existing subwoofer may have a line out. Need to check that.

Question two, my space outside is very small, around 50 feet wide by 30 feet deep and I have concrete walls for the most part. Is there a powered sub you can recommend for the space? I guess I'm looking for anything under $150.

Thank you!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks for reply, Citizen arcane. I'm running speaker wire only (left and right) from my receiver to the patio area which connects to some outdoor speakers I have there now, but I'm in series need of some boom out there. So yes, I will drill a hole to run wire from where the existing sub is to place the outdoor sub, thus having two subs right next to each other, however one it indoor and the other is outdoor. Just wasn't sure if I would cause any issues with my system of I did a Y to both subs. Speakers outside are powered and the entire patio area is about 60% covered, leaving the rest exposed. Any ideas on a decent inexpensive sub for a 30'X50' area?

Thank you!

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
If you plan on leaving it outside you are basically going to be limited to pro audio subs. You wont find anything in your price range, you basically need to double your budget for something like this Seismic Tremor 18 . You would simply need an RCA to 1/4" cable to run from the RCA Y adapter coming out of your receivers lfe output

1 - 4 of 4 Posts