AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have thoughts and input on an outdoor sub? I searched but didn't find much so.... any input would be appreicated

·
Registered
1,607 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by focker /forum/post/17041319

Does anyone have thoughts and input on an outdoor sub? I searched but didn't find much so.... any input would be appreicated

I am looking for the same ideas. I have all the mains and surrounds placed in my outdoor sytem. I am working on the electronics now. I will be getting to the sub last. Too many projects at the moment.

·
Registered
750 Posts
meaning a sub that stays outdoors all the time, or one you can bring outside and play and then bring it back in?

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
There are some that have been made but they are expensive. Depending on how much you want to spend you may want to look at some of the cheap pro audio subs and build a small platform for it with a box over top of it. That way you can just move the box whenever you want to play it. And most of those subs can get loud but not very deep.

The subs that are made for outdoor use do get a little lower, but won't get nearly as loud. If you wonder how loud you need a sub for outside take your indoor sub outside and have a listen. You will be surprised how much gain your room really gives. That's why the pro sub is a good option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.