AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been tasked by a friend to design an outdoor speaker system with a budget of $15k, this includes connectivity, amps, wires, speakers, subs, etc.

The space is occupied by a deck with multiple levels, a fire pit area, and a volleyball court. He is looking for lifelike, dynamic sound in 2 zones: the deck area and the volley ball court.

I’m more experienced with indoor hi-fi and am realizing from the research I've done that this is a completely different ball game.

It seems the traditional approach would be two hanging style speakers under the eaves on the deck and multiple stake type speakers placed around the v-ball court all powered by a multi-channel amp. The commercial approach would be a 70v system daisy chaining everything together and using a distribution amplifier.

Does anyone have experience with both types of systems and the pros and cons of each?

I’ve come up with Def Tech, Klipsch, and Niles for great manufacturers of regular outdoor speakers. Sonance and James Loudspeakers seem to be the go for a 70v system. Am I missing any key players?

Thanks in advance for all your help!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A quick mock-up of the layout, drawn by a 5 year old apparently:

I was thinking about a buried subwoofer to fill in the low end. Do those offered by the likes of Sonance and James actually produce usable bass?

Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts