Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

Well I think my title sums up my question. Basically, I have a Denon 3802 in my living room and am controling two B&W outdoor speakers with the multi-zone speaker outputs on the receiver. I would like to rig up some sort of waterproof pad out on the deck to be able to control the receiver (volume, disc track, etc..). I see xantech has an outdoor waterproof keypad but I am not sure what that requires. I don't need to get into the whole distributed audio thing, I simply want to relay some controls (possibly IR?) from the outside without bouncing a remote control signal, but by using a keypad.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Charles

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Charles,

I would be interested if there was a reasonably price solution also. The only waterproof keypad I could find was the Xantech. It cost about $350. It also requires a DD4 IR/PC interface module w/software for another $200 and another $30 for connecting block/power supply. For my similar situation, I have decided to just use a simple outdoor volume control for about $50 for now. I'd like to find a nice waterproof learning remote with RF capabilities, but haven't found one yet. Good luck and let us know if you find something.

Jay

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jay,

I will certainly let you know what I find. Could you give me a link to the volume control you use?

Thanks,

Charles

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.