AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure what to look for exactly, but here is my situation:

-I have an audio source connected to an indoor receiver/amplifier via 3.5mm jack to RCA
-I have several indoor speakers connected via speaker wire
-I'd like 1 or 2 outdoor speakers that are weather proof, they would be located 50-75 feet away and 10 feet below the source and receiver
-I'd like the outdoor speaker(s) to play the same source as the indoor speakers
-Some kind of wireless solution would be ideal...running speaker wire outside would be a major job. No problems with connecting to external power outside
-Sound quality is low priority, this is just for ambiance

What am I looking for exactly? I was picturing a split coming from the audio source and some kind of separate receiver with a wireless transmitter with speakers receiving wirelessly and getting powered externally? Or is there something better?

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Wireless speakers still need power—either line-voltage, or battery-powered, neither of which to my knowledge come as weather-proof.

Are you sure it'd be a major job to run speaker wires? I installed a pair of weather-proof speakers on my deck, and it took me less than an hour to run the wires from my rack in the basement to the speakers on the deck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are you dead set on having the source be your indoor receiver?

I think I've given in to the idea that a little outdoor Bluetooth job shaped like a rock would be a lot easier, lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts