AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out which of these receivers to buy, can someone tell me which one is better: The Outlaw 1050 or the Yamaha r-vx1000? Thanks in advance......:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have no experience with the Yamaha but the Outlaw 1050 is a great 6.1 receiver at an incredable price ... you get a lot more qualityf or your money because they are sold direct over the net. Check out the reviews on their site at www.outlawaudio.com

·
Banned
806 Posts
Yamaha makes excellent receivers! I am sure that Outlaw does as well...you probably couldn't go wrong either way. But you still want to find the amplification which matches best with your speakers. Good luck!

·
Registered
158 Posts
I know that Outlaw is highly recommended on this forum. However, I am not an internet only shopping sort of guy. I purchased the RX-V1000 and have no serious complaints with the Yammie. NOTE: I only needed/wanted a receiver for 5.1 duty.

I'll assume you carefully checked out it's features and specs on their website.

Downside of the RX-V1000 as I see them:
  • The Yammie only has amps for 5 channels. If you want 6.1 (adding a single rear center speaker) you have to add an outboard amp for it.
  • The remote is not backlit and the few buttons which look as if they should glow in the dark, dont.
  • X-over is non adjustable; set at 90 Hz, when speakers are set to small

Overall, I am satisfied with the receiver and feel I can recommend it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.