AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
If they're 8 ohm and high sensitivity, you probably need neither. If that's the case, they'll get you a couple of db if you play things loud. Otherwise, it will sound the same as your AVR alone .

Otherwise, I'd go with the Outlaw.

·
Registered
1 Posts
outlaw 5000

I am considering updating my whole system and have been reading about Outlaw 5000 and Emovitva power amps. Currently i have the Kef T100 surround wall hanging system as my surrounds in a 7.1 system and use a pair of Klipsch RF25 towers as my main fronts. i drive them with a Sony STRDN 850 7.1 receiver. Looking to upgrade the whole thing. I love what my sony does but not crazy about the power of the amp or sound of it. Thinking of using it as the preamp to a new power block. Just wonder on opinion of using the Outlaw to power a 5.1 system. My concerns are the price of the unit getting it into Canada with customs charges and exchange rates. All of a sudden its not a great deal. I am looking at new speakers and want to audition some magnepan speakers for my fronts and fill out the rest of the system. Any ideas of a great but affordable speaker system would be? i am also checking out Axiom which has fabuous reviews and canadian made.

After raising three kids and hopefully them leaving the house soon its time to take up an old hobby and love of audio.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts