AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 975 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive noticed that theres no outlaw amps thread here so maybe this will help. Is there anybody owns the new outlaw amps model 7900 7x300 watts per channel. hows the performance? thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for your output.

i read a lot of good reviews on outlaws amps.

But this new 7900 amps i dont hear any yet.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a 7900. I think it is awesome and definitely is a huge improvement over my old 7125 -- I can keep turning up the volume and it just keeps sounding good!

I don't have much else to compare it to.

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
I'm interested in buying 2 of the B-Stock Model 2200 for surround rears. Very cheep unit, will see.

·
Premium Member
3,250 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B&W700guy /forum/post/11966568

I'm interested in buying 2 of the B-Stock Model 2200 for surround rears. Very cheep unit, will see.

I use two M2200s to power my surrounds and they work great with the rest of my system.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I also use two of the M2200's for my surrounds and a third to power my center. Love the outlaw amps.

Yammy Rx-V2700

Parasound A23

Outlaw 2200

Boston VR3, VRX, VRMC - Bravo II

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've been looking at outlaw for a bit now. for the time being, i am running mirage full mirage 7 speakers
m-9 towers, om center and hd-t surrounds. Earthquake sub up front and a smaller psb sub in the back corner of the room all powered off a pioneer elite vsx 74. I thought of either gettin the 2200s for just the towers and center for now or just goin with less power and getting the 7125 to power all 7 speakers. anyone have anyinput for me? in the near future, i may be swapping out for klipsch reference RF-83 system or maybe even the ultra 2 system.Has anyone heard these amps with any of these or similar setups?

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Got a 750 - Outlaw's first product - off Ebay for $530 incl. shipping. Lovin' it so far! Using my Marantz SR 8500 as a preamp. Can't believe how heavy it is!

·
Registered
719 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotbeef /forum/post/11996389

I've been looking at outlaw for a bit now. for the time being, i am running mirage full mirage 7 speakers
m-9 towers, om center and hd-t surrounds. Earthquake sub up front and a smaller psb sub in the back corner of the room all powered off a pioneer elite vsx 74. I thought of either gettin the 2200s for just the towers and center for now or just goin with less power and getting the 7125 to power all 7 speakers. anyone have anyinput for me? in the near future, i may be swapping out for klipsch reference RF-83 system or maybe even the ultra 2 system.Has anyone heard these amps with any of these or similar setups?

Let me know what you decide to do. I have the Klipsch RF-83 system and am using an Elite 74txvi. I think it sounds great, however I've also been considering adding an external amp, probably 200W x 5, as I'm not sure if I see the benefit of the rear speakers in my setup. Outlaw is on a short list of possible choices which I think are price efficient and logical choices.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I've been running the Outlaw 990/7700 combo for just over a year now and absolutely love them although I did recently purchase a used Pioneer Elite 84TXSi receiver to use as a pre-amp. If I can get the ground loop problem figured out in my room I'll let you know what I think of between the two units. As long as I don't connect the HDMI cable to the Elite, (which is whats causing my buzzing problem in my room) and just listen to music or CD, so far I've like what I've heard with the 84/7700 combo.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'm looking to purchase a pre-own 7100 and use my Denon receiver as pre/pro. This will be my very first experience with amps. Outlaw owners care to comment if the 7100 is a good amp Vs the newer models? Is this is a good move.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I bought a 7200 recently, right out of the box the amp blew one of my speaker

But I'm glad Outlaw has a great customer service, on the same day I called they sent me a replacement unit and a return label for the defective one. They end up replacing the blown drivers.

I paired my 7200 with Onkyo 905 and no complaints so far! They sounded great, more live and crispier compared when powering my speakers with the receiver only.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Speedys4,

Thanks for your comments. The 7100 I'm considering is a discontinued model. And is only rated at 100 wpc. I only hope that the 7100 will top my Denon's amp by a wide margin.....

·
Registered
34 Posts
purchased an 7125 two years ago it still works great. Outlaw screwed up the packing slip and instead of one it said two. I ended up paying double duty and tax , at first I wrongly blamed UPS but the fault is all Outlaw. Its been two years since I complained to Outlaw and they have yet to refund my money. Nope won't ever buy outlaw again

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I'm running 5 Outlaw M2200's for close to two years now, and still love them since day one!

·
Registered
308 Posts
I run a Model 755 and two M200s. The M200s are for my mains and the Model 755 runs my center and surrounds. The remaining channels on the Model 755 are used for zone 2 (outside deck and pool parties). Absolutely solid pieces of equipment.

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
7 Outlaw 2200's. Love em! Guess where they are in the pic

1 - 20 of 975 Posts