AVS Forum banner

861 - 880 of 925 Posts

·
Registered
15,215 Posts
I purchased the outlaw 5000,I have the pioneer sc95 receiver. Running my front channels I have a emotive bass x 300. The sc 95 has two 12 volt remote triggers. Emotive is hooked up to one and I hooked the outlaw up to the other, doesn't work. I flipped the switch in the back of the outlaw for trigger and still didn't work. I even tried using the output 12 volt on the emotive and still didn't work. I noticed if the switch is set to trigger when I turn on the amp no sound out of the speakers it is connected to. I have to flip the switch to manual for speakers to work any ideas? Other than this amp works great, definitely can tell the difference in the speakers that are connected to it.

Are you using the correct trigger wire? Some mini plug cable terminators are stereo and some are mono. That could be one reason. If this happens to be it, there are male-to-female converters that can be purchased.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Are you using the correct trigger wire? Some mini plug cable terminators are stereo and some are mono. That could be one reason. If this happens to be it, there are male-to-female converters that can be purchased.

Thanks for the replay. Iam using the wire that came with the outlaw amp.

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
I purchased the outlaw 5000,I have the pioneer sc95 receiver. Running my front channels I have a emotive bass x 300. The sc 95 has two 12 volt remote triggers. Emotive is hooked up to one and I hooked the outlaw up to the other, doesn't work. I flipped the switch in the back of the outlaw for trigger and still didn't work. I even tried using the output 12 volt on the emotive and still didn't work. I noticed if the switch is set to trigger when I turn on the amp no sound out of the speakers it is connected to. I have to flip the switch to manual for speakers to work any ideas? Other than this amp works great, definitely can tell the difference in the speakers that are connected to it.
Did you try swapping the sockets that the Emotive and the Outlaw are plugged into to see if the problem follows the receiver's socket?

·
Registered
223 Posts

Thanks for the replay. Iam using the wire that came with the outlaw amp.

I have the same exact problem with my 7000X I just purchased, Outlaw actually sent me a replacement amp which they first tested before they sent it to me and still no luck, this is running off the trigger out of my XMC-1, yet my previous Emotiva UPA-1's (3 of them) and UPA-700 and ERC-3 CD Player all worked fine and my present D-Sonic amp also triggers fine, I have no idea why this is happening especially given with two of the same amps, I have the 7000X up for sale as my equipment sits in a different room so I need the trigger option to work but it seems the Outlaw amps just don't like my XMC-1.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Has anyone heard when they are getting a new batch of 7000x's in? The website says early April but it's April 10th already...

·
Registered
15,215 Posts
Has anyone heard when they are getting a new batch of 7000x's in? The website says early April but it's April 10th already...
Supply chains have been globally affected by the pandemic. This will cause delays, which may last awhile.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Supply chains have been globally affected by the pandemic. This will cause delays, which may last awhile.
Fair enough, I would expect someone to at least update the site though indicating that.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Fair enough, I would expect someone to at least update the site though indicating that.

I assume you've seen that they now appear to be in stock and available on the Outlaw site, as of yesterday?

·
Registered
137 Posts
I assume you've seen that they now appear to be in stock and available on the Outlaw site, as of yesterday?
Nope, pulled the trigger on a Monolith 7x instead but I appreciate the heads up!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Nope, pulled the trigger on a Monolith 7x instead but I appreciate the heads up!

I'm sure you'll be happy with that one, too. I'm also deciding between those two. Both have solid and similar reviews. I actually need 2 amps and one will almost certainly be the Outlaw as it's for (6) ceiling speakers and the Monolith would be overkill. The only thing keeping the Monolith in play for the other one is that it will be powering the the 6 ear-level surrounds, plus the center. Center being the key. I have a Parasound Halo A21 to power the main L/R, which is 250 wpc so I've been thinking I should have similar power to the center. Beginning to rethink that, though. Generally, the center is not really a big power consumer, especially with properly crossed-over subs, so 130 watts may be just fine. I also use all XLR connections and from what I've read the Outlaw may actually have a more discrete implementation of theirs vs. the Monolith. Neither is fully-balanced, obviously, but it reads as though the Outlaw may have better noise rejection. Who knows. I'm sure the Monolith is pretty bullet-proof with it's ATI architecture.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm sure you'll be happy with that one, too. I'm also deciding between those two. Both have solid and similar reviews. I actually need 2 amps and one will almost certainly be the Outlaw as it's for (6) ceiling speakers and the Monolith would be overkill. The only thing keeping the Monolith in play for the other one is that it will be powering the the 6 ear-level surrounds, plus the center. Center being the key. I have a Parasound Halo A21 to power the main L/R, which is 250 wpc so I've been thinking I should have similar power to the center. Beginning to rethink that, though. Generally, the center is not really a big power consumer, especially with properly crossed-over subs, so 130 watts may be just fine. I also use all XLR connections and from what I've read the Outlaw may actually have a more discrete implementation of theirs vs. the Monolith. Neither is fully-balanced, obviously, but it reads as though the Outlaw may have better noise rejection. Who knows. I'm sure the Monolith is pretty bullet-proof with it's ATI architecture.
Yup, honestly I would have went with the 7000 if it was on sale at the same time. However, I am not mad about getting an extra 70w per channel for only 500 more.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Triggering issue?

So far so good for how the unit sounds, I typically use Dirac for most of my listening but I'm really enjoying the amp so far, the only issue I am having is the trigger input is not working from any of my 4 trigger outputs on my XMC-1, I previously had two UPA-1's and a UPA-700 that triggered fine and an ERC-3 so I'm thinking it's the amp that is the issue, I have the rear rocker switch set to trigger and then front power button pressed but when I start my XMC-1 the 7000x will not power up, also when in this mode if I adjust the volume or press any buttons on the remote or front panel the front blue power ring on the 7000x blinks slightly, guessing I will need to call them tomorrow ughhh. Otherwise the sounds quality is outstanding.
Hello,
I also have an XMC-1 and planning to get a 7000x until I saw your post. Were you able to solve the triggering issue? Usually Emotiva support is pretty good

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hello,
I also have an XMC-1 and planning to get a 7000x until I saw your post. Were you able to solve the triggering issue? Usually Emotiva support is pretty good

I have not, I still need to order the Emotiva ET-3 to try it out, Outlaw said they haven't heard of anyone experiencing the issue I am having so it may not be a regular occurrence, I also have a D-Sonic amp that triggers fine so I have no clue why the 7000X isn't

I wouldn't not try the 7000X because of my issue, could be something wrong with my XMC-1 that it doesn't like the 7000x trigger for reasons unknown, I need to order the ET-3 soon haha, it's just the Canadian dollar sucks big time right now.

Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have not, I still need to order the Emotiva ET-3 to try it out, Outlaw said they haven't heard of anyone experiencing the issue I am having so it may not be a regular occurrence, I also have a D-Sonic amp that triggers fine so I have no clue why the 7000X isn't

I wouldn't not try the 7000X because of my issue, could be something wrong with my XMC-1 that it doesn't like the 7000x trigger for reasons unknown, I need to order the ET-3 soon haha, it's just the Canadian dollar sucks big time right now.

Cheers
Well thanks for your reply. I decided to go for a Monolith 5, it sounds like a safer and more robust option...

·
Registered
223 Posts
Well thanks for your reply. I decided to go for a Monolith 5, it sounds like a safer and more robust option...

Also a good option, those amps also have good reviews and I'm assuming you can't go wrong with them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Also a good option, those amps also have good reviews and I'm assuming you can't go wrong with them.
Well I was happy for few minutes... I got the Monolith 5 (Jeeez so heavy), plugged it in, trigger worked at first try with XMC-1, calibrated speakers and then I started hearing a buzzing noise. Switched the amp off and after that it wouldn't turn on anymore. The power button turns blue but goes off as soon as I release the power button Unplugged all cables from the amp and still same thing
Taking this amp up to the 4th floor was a challenge and now I am worried I will need to ship it back :mad:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I was happy for few minutes... I got the Monolith 5 (Jeeez so heavy), plugged it in, trigger worked at first try with XMC-1, calibrated speakers and then I started hearing a buzzing noise. Switched the amp off and after that it wouldn't turn on anymore. The power button turns blue but goes off as soon as I release the power button Unplugged all cables from the amp and still same thing
Taking this amp up to the 4th floor was a challenge and now I am worried I will need to ship it back :mad:
Ok waited 30 min and now the amp is working great! :confused:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I just received the Monolith 7x yesterday and spent all day hooking up my home theater (new subs, relocated side surrounds, new processor, etc) only to find out that my processor said "no signal." I was confused at first but I then realized that the new Monolith amplifier had no light on. This new amp is completely dead on arrival. I can't get a blue light to even come on. It is super frustrating because as you mentioned, it is very heavy and took 8 days to get here with everything going on in the world. We can't watch any movies now on Memorial weekend or try out our new PB 16 ultra dual subs. I have requested a replacement but now after reading your post, I'm unsure what to do. I thought these Monoprice Monolith were made by ATI and very reputable.

Maybe I need to consider an Outlaw amplifier now. I had a new Emotiva amp but wasn't impressed with the weight of it due to the type of power supply they use. It sounds like Emotiva has really gone downhill compared to their older stuff. Is this the same with Outlaw now too? I have heard Outlaw is made in China now? The initial reason I didn't go with Outlaw is because I figured this Monolith 7x was built really well and much cheaper. I have a Monoprice THX amp for my Sennheiser headphones and it hasn't had any issues. :(

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just received the Monolith 7x yesterday and spent all day hooking up my home theater (new subs, relocated side surrounds, new processor, etc) only to find out that my processor said "no signal." I was confused at first but I then realized that the new Monolith amplifier had no light on. This new amp is completely dead on arrival. I can't get a blue light to even come on. It is super frustrating because as you mentioned, it is very heavy and took 8 days to get here with everything going on in the world. We can't watch any movies now on Memorial weekend or try out our new PB 16 ultra dual subs. I have requested a replacement but now after reading your post, I'm unsure what to do. I thought these Monoprice Monolith were made by ATI and very reputable.

Maybe I need to consider an Outlaw amplifier now. I had a new Emotiva amp but wasn't impressed with the weight of it due to the type of power supply they use. It sounds like Emotiva has really gone downhill compared to their older stuff. Is this the same with Outlaw now too? I have heard Outlaw is made in China now? The initial reason I didn't go with Outlaw is because I figured this Monolith 7x was built really well and much cheaper. I have a Monoprice THX amp for my Sennheiser headphones and it hasn't had any issues. :(
Same thing happened to me when I ordered a Monolith, it arrived DOA and returned.

I own Outlaw amps as well, some models are assembled in the USA with parts from everywhere, mostly China.

I own 2 Emotiva XPA Gen 3 amplifiers, they do well for my dedicated theater, they are easy racking for custom installations. Parts are also from all over, assembled in the USA.

You are not impressed with the Emotiva's because of the weight? lol Why, does your speakers consume 200+ watts at all times? I've seen the new Emotiva's power an all JTR dedicated theater with no heat or issues.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Same thing happened to me when I ordered a Monolith, it arrived DOA and returned.

I own Outlaw amps as well, some models are assembled in the USA with parts from everywhere, mostly China.

I own 2 Emotiva XPA Gen 3 amplifiers, they do well for my dedicated theater, they are easy racking for custom installations. Parts are also from all over, assembled in the USA.

You are not impressed with the Emotiva's because of the weight? lol Why, does your speakers consume 200+ watts at all times? I've seen the new Emotiva's power an all JTR dedicated theater with no heat or issues.
I'm just weird about the weight thing lol. I know it is dumb. The Weight is due to the type of power supply it uses though so that makes me hesitant. The Monolith DOA has been resolved. It was the trigger wire that was causing the issue and is fixed now. I will give this one a try and if it doesnt end up working out then I'll get another Emotiva. I have their full speakers and love the Emotivas.

861 - 880 of 925 Posts