AVS Forum banner

961 - 976 of 976 Posts

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
I am glad to hear that you are enjoying having two of the 7000x amps in your system! I love having them in mine. I do listen to my system quite loud at times and the I never feel like I am pushing the amps. I had my Optoma UHD65 projector off to Optoma for almost 3 weeks to do the firmware update and got it back last week...it was SO nice to get my theater back up and running to experience a movie... Reading through your upgrade made me want to go and listen to my system again! Thanks for sharing.

Jeff

·
Registered
Samsung Q9FN75, Marantz NR1609, Polk RTI LCR and Surrounds
165 Posts
Just ordered the 7000x, really like it can drive 4 ohms no problem, going to pair with with some Polk L600s most likely
Amp arrived today, this thing is heavy ! Fun times carrying it across the street from fedex then up three flights of stairs. Right now just doing RCA->XLR for the Left and Right channels connected to my current Polk RTI6's from 2005 (Hope to upgrade to legends hence the whole reason for getting the amp) noticed right away it's a lot beefier sounding than the Marantz NR1609 driving the low end of the fronts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Nice Set up! I really like the size of these amplifiers, they did a great job of keep in it manageable and though it is super simple (nothing to look or brag about) it gets the important parts right.... great power and sound at a really fair price! I wouldn't have been able to fit my AC Infinity fans if they were as tall as the competition.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I am glad to hear that you are enjoying having two of the 7000x amps in your system! I love having them in mine. I do listen to my system quite loud at times and the I never feel like I am pushing the amps. I had my Optoma UHD65 projector off to Optoma for almost 3 weeks to do the firmware update and got it back last week...it was SO nice to get my theater back up and running to experience a movie... Reading through your upgrade made me want to go and listen to my system again! Thanks for sharing.

Jeff
Hey Jeff, thanks for sharing.

I did indeed go through "nearly" a full upgrade... I finally upgraded from an Epson 5020UB to a "faux K" Pro 6050UB.... let my Oppo 103 go and replaced it with the Panasonic 820... Let my Pioneer Elite SC75, ATI 1505 and 1502 go as well... only kept my polk speakers and subs and my trusty Toshiba HD-DVD A30 (I still have a bunch of HDDVDs that I don't see the need to reinvest into bluray as long as it still works).

So... This was a major investment in my entertainment and I don't do it every 1 or 2 years more like 5-7 years... still were talking a good amount of cheese....

I hope our positive experiences help others on the fence give these great amps a try.

Ed

·
Registered
128 Posts
Anyone seen a regular Model 5000 for sale lately? I really don’t need the XLR on the 5000x and it seems like that’s what you’re paying the extra $100 for compared to what the 5000 used to sell for. I would love to pick up a 5000 used but haven’t seen one pop up in the last couple weeks. Also anybody know how the Emotiva BasX 500 compares to the Model 5000? Would the basx be enough of an upgrade over the AVR’s amp?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Anyone seen a regular Model 5000 for sale lately? I really don’t need the XLR on the 5000x and it seems like that’s what you’re paying the extra $100 for compared to what the 5000 used to sell for. I would love to pick up a 5000 used but haven’t seen one pop up in the last couple weeks. Also anybody know how the Emotiva BasX 500 compares to the Model 5000? Would the basx be enough of an upgrade over the AVR’s amp?
Have not seen a 5000 on sale anywhere I track for last month or so. I was also looking but I think I might just go with the 5000X to future proof my setup for the extra 100 bucks. That extra 100 will also give you 5 years of warranty in case something goes wrong.

I dont think BasX 500 compares with Outlaw 5000. Its a grade lower. A comparable amp from Emotiva would be the BasX 5175. But that one is unfortunately out of production now. Emotiva might be cooking something up to compete with the 5000. Have not seen any announcement yet.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Have not seen a 5000 on sale anywhere I track for last month or so. I was also looking but I think I might just go with the 5000X to future proof my setup for the extra 100 bucks. That extra 100 will also give you 5 years of warranty in case something goes wrong.

I dont think BasX 500 compares with Outlaw 5000. Its a grade lower. A comparable amp from Emotiva would be the BasX 5175. But that one is unfortunately out of production now. Emotiva might be cooking something up to compete with the 5000. Have not seen any announcement yet.
YeahI was thinking the same about future proofing with XLR.
My current plan is to go with a Denon x3700 and use the Outlaw to power my front stage and 2 side surrounds. Then use the Denon internal amp for the rear surrounds and 4 heights to get a 7.2.4 setup. Any suggestions from anybody to do it differently? Would it sounds better going up to the x4700 and use a stereo power amp to power 2 speakers and use the Denon for all the rest. I assume I’d get a better sound quality and more headroom going with my 1st option.

·
Registered
125 Posts
YeahI was thinking the same about future proofing with XLR.
My current plan is to go with a Denon x3700 and use the Outlaw to power my front stage and 2 side surrounds. Then use the Denon internal amp for the rear surrounds and 4 heights to get a 7.2.4 setup. Any suggestions from anybody to do it differently? Would it sounds better going up to the x4700 and use a stereo power amp to power 2 speakers and use the Denon for all the rest. I assume I’d get a better sound quality and more headroom going with my 1st option.
Future proofing is always your best bet.... at the bare minimum and if your budget permits.... go with the 7000X for your 7 lower channels and get the x4700 for the 4 height channels... that gives you plenty room to grow.

..... I thoroughly researched and compared the basX series of amps and the basX500 maxed out at 75Watts per channel all channels driven @ 8Ohm... outlaw on the other hand gives you much more and it's cleaner...

Take your time and use your $ wisely... it's better to wait a little to get something better than to settle.

Ed

·
Registered
128 Posts
Future proofing is always your best bet.... at the bare minimum and if your budget permits.... go with the 7000X for your 7 lower channels and get the x4700 for the 4 height channels... that gives you plenty room to grow.

..... I thoroughly researched and compared the basX series of amps and the basX500 maxed out at 75Watts per channel all channels driven @ 8Ohm... outlaw on the other hand gives you much more and it's cleaner...

Take your time and use your $ wisely... it's better to wait a little to get something better than to settle.

Ed
I noticed you said x4700 instead of 3700. Any reason why I should stay away from grave 3700?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I noticed you said x4700 instead of 3700. Any reason why I should stay away from grave 3700?
Yes, I believe the X4700 has a better amplifier section than the x3700(hence the $500 premium). Even though it will not match the output from the 7000x the x4700 will be just a little closer and help with coherence... the output from the Outlaw amplifiers is quite higher than the x3700, and in my experience they were even higher than my x6500h and that receiver like the new x6700 has separate type D amplifier modules.

Remember, you are getting "our" opinions only and they will differ due to our circumstances, therefore... you have to take into account what you "have" ie: speakers, room, etc... versus what you "want to accomplish".... divide them by the reality of your budget multiplied by the power of your patience and do accordingly... the formula is simple.

Ed

Also the x4700 gives you an additional 12V trigger out... always look for growth....

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered a Marantz AV7705 / Outlaw 7000X combo. FedEx delivered the amplifier only yesterday. Does anyone know if they ship the Marantz processor separately or if Marantz ships that directly to me? I only received one tracking number and the website is acting like my order is complete. They delivered it after close of business on Friday. So, I can't get a hold of anyone at Outlaw to find out. Thanks.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I am looking to add an amp to my setup and need some guidance.

AVR - Denon 4700H
LCR - SVS Ultra Tower/Center
Surrounds and Rear Surrounds - SVS Elevation/SVS Surrounds
Top/Rear Height - SVS Elevations
SVS Subs x2

The receiver puts out about 125 watts, just not sure what that really means though running all the speakers. I need to add a 2 channel amp to get the extra channels I need for 7.2.4. and by doing so want to get the LCR powered by that amp at the very least. Im thinking of

• Outlaw 7000 x7 channel to power (130x7) the LCR and surrounds and leave the heights to the receiver
  • Outlaw 7000x and bi-amp the towers. I don’t really believe in biamping really though.
  • 3x2200 mono amps 3x200w LCR
  • Monolith 11x 3x200/8x100 amp and power them all
I decided to go with the first option, 7000x and power all the horizontal speakers with 1 amp and let the AVR do the heights. The price is right and the amp seems like it will fit this application well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I ordered a Marantz AV7705 / Outlaw 7000X combo. FedEx delivered the amplifier only yesterday. Does anyone know if they ship the Marantz processor separately or if Marantz ships that directly to me? I only received one tracking number and the website is acting like my order is complete. They delivered it after close of business on Friday. So, I can't get a hold of anyone at Outlaw to find out. Thanks.
That combo deal is a great one! Did you figure out the shipping problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
39 Posts
If anyone is looking, Outlaw is having a B stock sale on their 5000x and 7000x. Seems like the 5000x sold out already. Its not that big of a reduction in price but with free shipping and no tax but still full warranty, savings add up. Just an FYI.

961 - 976 of 976 Posts