AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Hoping someone has one willing to pull off the cover and tell me the proper order of 4 transistors on the power supply board on the left side of the unit. It would just take a look, nothing to move etc. Can't locate a schematic anywhere and I had to replace 2 each of the small bipolar transistors (labeled A965 and 2sc2235). Unfortunately the photos I took before I pulled them have been lost and now I don't know the sequence to install them. What I think is proper would be inline from the front plate going back to the rear plate is A965, 2235, A965 2235 in that order.

If you look in the unit you will see 4 caps in a line, then to the right 4 larger transistors in line, then right again some resistors in line (2 large, 2 small) then the next line of components will be the 4 small transistors I'm referring to circled in the photo.

Can anyone confirm I have that right? Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
306 Posts
@myc52002 Try contacting Outlaw directly. I've found them very responsive in all my dealings with them. Getting someone to pull their unit out and flip it over to unscrew the top might not be a simple undertaking.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@myc52002 Try contacting Outlaw directly. I've found them very responsive in all my dealings with them. Getting someone to pull their unit out and flip it over to unscrew the top might not be a simple undertaking.
I have which is why I am a little desperate in asking here. There is no flipping the unit over either as its just 6 screws and lift the cover up.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have which is why I am a little desperate in asking here. There is no flipping the unit over either as its just 6 screws and lift the cover up.
That is disappointing to hear you got no response from Outlaw. I wish I could help but I've got the 976.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Is this what you need?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Peja

·
Registered
265 Posts
Some better pics

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is this what you need?

Close! What I need are the part number of the small transistors I circled in my photo. There are 2 different ones (965 and 2235) and I think they alternate in position but I don't know which is the first one inserted on the board closest to the front panel.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Close! What I need are the part number of the small transistors I circled in my photo. There are 2 different ones (965 and 2235) and I think they alternate in position but I don't know which is the first one inserted on the board closest to the front panel.
You know what I didn't see the other photos initially so YES that is what I need!! Thanks so much

·
Registered
265 Posts
You know what I didn't see the other photos initially so YES that is what I need!! Thanks so much
Glad I could help!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts