AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Outlaw Audio has this "ICBM-1" product which is a bass management tool for DVD-A and SACD players.

Does anyone have one of these?

I hear rave reviews about their 1050 amplifier and other equipment... I am wondering if this product is as good as they claim.

Opinions/comments?

-- Robert

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Wait a week or two and you can read about it ;)

Regards,

·
Registered
688 Posts
Robert,

The ICBM just recently recieved a enthusiastic review from David Ranada of Sound & Vision (November). In addition, I believe Outlaw noted (on their latest news) that S&V will have the ICBM in their December's Reviewer's Choice.

On top of it all I read Outlaw noted Dolby Laboratories bought couple hundreds of these units for tweaking DD during demos.

I personally own a Model 750 amp and cannot stop raving about it.

This company is refreshing. It makes affordable, well designed, and super sounding equipment with no pretensions of being snobbish. One can see it their matter of fact statements on their website.

I am thinking of adding this unit when I decide to upgrade to SACD.

The company is highly recommended.

P.S. Do you still have the RP-91?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by bodegabay
The company is highly recommended.

P.S. Do you still have the RP-91?
Thanks for the info! I remember Outlaw receiving quite a few excellent reviews for the 1050 receiver. I'm glad the ICMB-1 is getting good press, it certainly looks like an excellent unit.

Right now I am interested because of DVD-Audio. So many of my DVD-Audio discs have nearly non-existant LFE channels... or LFE that is simply so quiet that I have to bump the gain up on the sub, and then move it WAY down when going back to 2 channel or DD/DTS.

I was just concerned about quality degredation after going through the unit. I will probably order one of these tomorrow!

-- Robert

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.