AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Query: DVD-Audio player is connected with 6 analog cables from DVD-A player to inputs on the ICBM, and 6 analog cables connected from ICBM output to the receiver's 5 analog inputs. The subwoofer output connection from the ICBM is connected to the subwoofer.

In this configuration, when turning up or down the volume control on the receiver, will the output to the subwoofer from the ICBM also be raised and lowered with the rest of the channels? I think with this setup you could turn the volume all the way down on the receiver and the main+surround channels would be off but the subwoofer would still be set at the volume of the ICBM, which I think would be undesireable. Unfortunately, my receiver does not have main in connections and I dont own a seperate amp.

Does this make sense?

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
David,

What receiver do you have?

If your receiver doesn't have a 5.1 input, then you're SOL.

The correct configuration should be:

DVD-A-------------->ICBM---------------->Receiver

Left Channel------>Left Channel------>Left Channel

Center Channel-->Center Channel-->Center Channel

Right Channel---->Right Channel----->Right Channel

Left Surround---->Left Surround------>Left Surround

Right Surround-->Right Surround----->Right Surround

LFE/Subwoofer-->LFE In---------------->Subwoofer in.

By taking the subwoofer out from the ICBM directly to the subwoofer, you've just eliminated any hopes of volume control for the subwoofer, so it will be unusable.

Download the manual from Outlaw's site, crack it open if it shipped, or read my review on the Secrets website.

Regards,

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Denon 3801. My point was that if you can control the sub level from the receiver as with the other channels.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
There's nothing special about the subwoofer level. It is controlled at the line level the same as the other channels.

The signal is than passed via a line level output instead of to the internal amplifiers.

Regards,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.