AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somebody is selling an Outlaw LFM-2 sub for $125 and I've been dying to get an LFM-1 but can't afford one and have a small space for HT. Anyone have experience with this sub? And this is a good deal, right?

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by SithSolo1
At $125 I think you'd be hard pressed to find another sub near the price that would beat it.
I was hoping for that kind of an answer. I picked it up about 30 minutes ago. Haven't been able to set it up yet, but it's beautiful just to look at. Another bonus is I have a crawling toddler and she is finding my Energy sub (front ported) quite interesting and I have no doubt if I had kept that one any longer she'll start stashing toys in there. This sub has no visible ports (it's underneath) so that is a huge bonus for me.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's now set up and sounds GREAT with my more compact system. Since my system consists of bookshelf speakers, even though the RCs get low, the sub really takes charge on bass.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I've seen you over on the Energy boards and from what you've said about this sub, I did a quick C-list search and see that there are two for sale locally. He's asking $100 for one or $175 for two.

You've got me thinking I should get one and upgrade my bedroom/secondary Cadence sub that isn't very good at higher volumes. I've got a buddy that's looking for a cheap sub, so I'm trying to get him to buy in and see if we can get the two for $150 ($75/each).

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjl4004 /forum/post/20866172

I've seen you over on the Energy boards and from what you've said about this sub, I did a quick C-list search and see that there are two for sale locally. He's asking $100 for one or $175 for two.

You've got me thinking I should get one and upgrade my bedroom/secondary Cadence sub that isn't very good at higher volumes. I've got a buddy that's looking for a cheap sub, so I'm trying to get him to buy in and see if we can get the two for $150 ($75/each).

It's definitely good enough for one, if I could get a 2nd I would! Pairing 2 of these would be phenomenal for small to medium sized rooms!!!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Well, my buddy took my advice and bought them both for $150, so I'm pretty pleased to try one of these out for just $75. I have not picked mine up from him yet, but I'm excited to see what it's like.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well it's def worth $75. How big of a space do you have? And what speakers do you have?

Funny enough I haven't ran the MCACC yet :p I just got my RC-LCR center channel setup, so I'm just dying to run the calibration so I can get the most out of my system. Have guests over so I can't run it without being rude. I'll let you know if it improves the quality even further.

·
Registered
443 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macstatic /forum/post/20868576

Well it's def worth $75. How big of a space do you have? And what speakers do you have?

Funny enough I haven't ran the MCACC yet :p I just got my RC-LCR center channel setup, so I'm just dying to run the calibration so I can get the most out of my system. Have guests over so I can't run it without being rude. I'll let you know if it improves the quality even further.

This sub will either be the second in my future main tv/theater room (I'm about to move if my house sells), or most likely be used in my bedroom in a 2.1 or 3.1 set up.

My speakers:

CF-70 x2

CC-10

CR-10 x2

CB-5 x2

CB-10 x2

Bic Acoustech PL-200

Whatever is not used as surrounds in my 5.1 or 7.1 will be used in the aforementioned 2.1 (with the LFM-2).

I've been following your journey these past few months and I'm jealous of your new RC's. Yes, let me know how the MCACC does with your new toys. I'm really excited to get my (ordered) Denon 2112ci with Audyssey MultEQ XT. I've never had a calibration system/program on my older receivers and am excited to see what it can do. Does the MCACC adjust the sub?

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjl4004 /forum/post/20868923

This sub will either be the second in my future main tv/theater room (I'm about to move if my house sells), or most likely be used in my bedroom in a 2.1 or 3.1 set up.

My speakers:

CF-70 x2

CC-10

CR-10 x2

CB-5 x2

CB-10 x2

Bic Acoustech PL-200

Whatever is not used as surrounds in my 5.1 or 7.1 will be used in the aforementioned 2.1 (with the LFM-2).

I've been following your journey these past few months and I'm jealous of your new RC's. Yes, let me know how the MCACC does with your new toys. I'm really excited to get my (ordered) Denon 2112ci with Audyssey MultEQ XT. I've never had a calibration system/program on my older receivers and am excited to see what it can do. Does the MCACC adjust the sub?

Wow you've got an awesome system! I kind of miss my CF-70 towers. The system is awesome, I just really like the sound of these RC speakers. Much softer on the ears for me so it's been nice. Since I'm in a small apartment when I had the setup of 2x CF-70, CC-10, 2x CF-30 it was overbearing to me. It was sweet but too in-my-face. This way I can have the volume turned down lower and it's just sweet and crystal clear and soft on the ears.

Hopefully I'm not making you feel like you need to turn around and sell all your stuff for them
If I had one piece of advice as far as that goes is test the waters and just get a pair of RC-10 and see how you like them. That's what I did and ended up liking them for my situation. Otherwise you've got a rocking system right now

The LFM-2 with a 2.1 system in a bedroom would be phenomenal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.