AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just ordered an Anthony Gallo Micro ti 5.1 speaker system with a Denon AVR-2309ci receiver. The speaker system includes a 10 inch 100watt TR-1 subwoofer. It is a side-firing sub that looks like a fat pipe with little legs (kinda ugly). I would love to hear from anyone if I should stick with the Gallo sub or swap in my Outlaw LFM-2. Has anyone heard this Gallo sub?

I think that the crossover point on the Micro ti's is 120hz (rather high) and the Outlaw sub's response is 28-180 +-2db. However, I'm not sure whether or not I should stick with side-firing option as alot of the sound will not be omni-directional due to the high crossover point.

In anycase, just wanted some opinions as to the quality of gallo subs vs. the Outlaw and whether or not downfiring vs. sidefiring will be an issue.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatsudaMan /forum/post/16966246

Hi all,

I just ordered an Anthony Gallo Micro ti 5.1 speaker system with a Denon AVR-2309ci receiver. The speaker system includes a 10 inch 100watt TR-1 subwoofer. It is a side-firing sub that looks like a fat pipe with little legs (kinda ugly). I would love to hear from anyone if I should stick with the Gallo sub or swap in my Outlaw LFM-2. Has anyone heard this Gallo sub?

I think that the crossover point on the Micro ti's is 120hz (rather high) and the Outlaw sub's response is 28-180 +-2db. However, I'm not sure whether or not I should stick with side-firing option as alot of the sound will not be omni-directional due to the high crossover point.

In anycase, just wanted some opinions as to the quality of gallo subs vs. the Outlaw and whether or not downfiring vs. sidefiring will be an issue.

Thanks!

If you are going to run a sub up to about 150 Hz, you may be able to localize the sub. This is generally not desireable.

Also, since the Outlaw subs are designed by Dr. Hsu, you should get a better sub with the Outlaw.

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
The Gallo sub ia a very weak sub. The Outlaw will give much better performance. The side-firing won't make any difference.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, thanks for the quick replies. I'm sad to hear that the Gallo is not very good...I'll try out the Outlaw. Hope it integrates well with the Micro ti's.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have either of you heard the Gallo sub? The reason I ask is that I don't think output will be in issue, as the room will be quite small (10 x 16). I know that the Outlaw will probably go lower and louder, but will it match with the subs as seamlessly? Is it as musical?

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
I haven't heard the sub, but in this test, everything about the sub looks bad. Output, frequency response, distortion levels.

http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...-tr-1-new.html

For example, if you take a look at maximum output, at a very easy 50hz, the most clean output this sub can muster is 97.9 db. If you compare this test with just about any other sub tested by Ilkka, you can see it's about the worst sub he's ever tested.

The Outlaw is a better sub in every conceivable way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts