AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the prices and the specs look pretty good I am curious why there is no chatter about Outlaw any more ?

Do they no longer stack up well against the Hsu VTF3-3 and the VTF2-3 or the ED A5-350 or the A3-300 ?

On there spec sheet for the EX and the Plus they claim

One port plugged: 16Hz.-180Hz. +/- 2 dB and 18Hz.-180Hz. +/- 2 dB with SPL: 118dB / 115dB respectively (subject to placement and room gain).

Any reasons not to buy one of the Outlaw subs ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chashint /forum/post/19548101

Since the prices and the specs look pretty good I am curious why there is no chatter about Outlaw any more ?

Do they no longer stack up well against the Hsu VTF3-3 and the VTF2-3 or the ED A5-350 or the A3-300 ?

On there spec sheet for the EX and the Plus they claim

One port plugged: 16Hz.-180Hz. +/- 2 dB and 18Hz.-180Hz. +/- 2 dB with SPL: 118dB / 115dB respectively (subject to placement and room gain).

Any reasons not to buy one of the Outlaw subs ?

Thanks.

Actually, they get mentioned regularly. You just have to look in the right threads. The Lava subs kind of stole the thunder for budget subs for a while, but that is quieting down now. The only problem with Outlaw is they haven't come out with anything new and a lot of the competition is or has. The new products get more chatter around here.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Also keep in mind that they essentially are the HSU VTF-2 and and 3 I believe. The Outlaw subs were designed in conjuction with Dr. Hsu.

Look at the specs closely of the VTF-2 and 3, then look at the specs of the LFM Plus and EX.

I believe Outlaw is down firing while HSU is side firing. Pretty much the only differences.

I'm also looking for a sub, and will probably go with Outlaw due to the current deal.

·
Banned
8,744 Posts
Outlaw gets mentioned a lot when they have their amazing sales. I believe the prices are something like 570 shipped for a LFM-1 EX, and 450 for a LFM-1 Plus, those are insanely good deals. Most people just wait for those deals since they are so much better than their regular prices. Very good subs, with performance on par with the VTF3 for the LFM-1 EX, and VTF2 for the Plus. Not surprising though since they are basically the same subs, and also designed by Dr. Hsu. I'm not sure the Lava has stolen their thunder since the only one the Lava subs compete with is the LFM-1 Compact, in either price or performance. The Compact is Outlaw's version of Hsu's STF2.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I was hoping for one of the deals this black friday (usually 15% off and free shipping). They threw in the new OAW module (which I actually needed) along with free shipping which seemed like a sweet deal to me. Still probably the best bang for the buck right now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.