AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a benefit outputting the audio from a Vudu XL to the 621/861? I don't know if the Vudu outputs PCM or not.

Thanks,

Ken

·
Registered
89 Posts
The combination of the 621 and the 861 v6 (just announced and shipping in March) should significantly improve sound quality for digital sources. There is an apodizing filter in the 861 v6 which is said to substantially enhance sound quality. This is the same filter which is in the award winning Meridian 808.2 reference CD player.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll give it a try then as I will have my version 6 in March. I did find out that Vudu doesn't output PCM. As it stands now, when I tried hooking up satellite through the 621 first, it did not sound as good as going directly into the 861. I would assume that I would find the same results with Vudu as well.

Ken

·
Registered
30,799 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken6217 /forum/post/18163972

I'll give it a try then as I will have my version 6 in March. I did find out that Vudu doesn't output PCM. As it stands now, when I tried hooking up satellite through the 621 first, it did not sound as good as going directly into the 861. I would assume that I would find the same results with Vudu as well.

Ken

What is Vudu outputting then?

·
Registered
30,799 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken6217 /forum/post/18166183

Kal,

The two choices are Dolby 5.1 and stereo.

Ken

I would assume the stereo is PCM unless it is analog. All you need to do is to have your HD621 pass the Dolby 5.1 and let the 861 decode it.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it anything like sending Dolby 5.1 from my satellite then it wont sound as good as going directly from the source into the 861. maybe it will be different after I get the version 6.

Ken

1 - 7 of 7 Posts