AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Bruno, yes you can do that but first you have to enable service items in the menu. Press "menu",0,9,1,0 to do that. Now follow down the menu tree from OUT->LEVL->WHT V (white voltage). Note, the 092203 release had a bug in this area and that an input signal should be present when making this adjustment (or it just doesn't let you do it). You probably wouldn't make this adjustment without a test disc such as Avia playing on your DVD player anyway so most likely not an issue for you. The 093003 release on our website that was just posted fixes that and a couple of other minor menu related bugs.

Once your in the WHT V adjustment you can adjust RGB together or the separate components. When you press exit go to OUT->LEVL->BURN and press the right arrow which will save the white voltage level you've set.

To disable the service menu items, just press "menu",0,9,1,0 again.

Patrick

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Waouh, thanks a lot, a lot of my friend are impressed by the lumagen in france and try to find a solution to buy it. I could have been your advertising agency cause I made a lot of noise about your vision.

Impressed by such a nice guy you are.

Ok I am going now to sleep!!!

Bye

Bruno

·
Registered
414 Posts
One other thing Bruno. The values that are stored for the white voltage were calibrated at the factory so you may see some slight differences between the R,G & B settings but they were set that way to correct for slight differences in the ouput buffers. If you change the white voltage you may want to write down those numbers in case you save it and notice later that its not quite right and want to go back to where you started.

Patrick

·
Registered
6,833 Posts
Quote:

Once your in the WHT V adjustment you can adjust RGB together or the separate components. When you press exit go to OUT->LEVL->BURN and press the right arrow which will save the white voltage level you've set.

To disable the service menu items, just press "menu",0,9,1,0 again.

Patrick [/b]

That is so cool. I've been hearing a lot of nice things about this unit, plus it's very affordable..

·
Registered
414 Posts
Bruno, not sure if you're joking or not. The old values aren't that critical as long as you calibrate the levels correctly. The numbers from someone elses box would not help you since they are all individually calibrated and differ slighlty.

Patrick

·
Registered
414 Posts
Ofer, yes thats correct. Its a pretty quick process.

Patrick

·
Premium Member
8,100 Posts
Patrick,

Still, from what I know, most companies simply assume their output voltages are identical between systems, so they calibrate one system, and then use those numbers as the default settings for the other machines.

Of course, your process is much more accurate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.