AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have 800mhz computer with a Voodoo3500 video card with a Toshiba DVD drive and a Soundblaster live 5.1 audio card. How do I convert my video cards video output (via either s-video or rca) into a 540P or 1080i signal to input into my HDTV? I want to do this so that I can use Avia to configure my HD settings on my TV, as my living room dvd is not progressive scan. Are PC DVD's progressive scan? How would I tell?

Thanks to anyone with info!!

Steve

·
Registered
128 Posts
I think most HDTVs will line double interlaced input that you would give it from the S-Video output of your video card. Does your HDTV only have progressive scan inputs?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Would be good if you told us what TV you have http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif I'm in a somewhat similar situation if I read your post right. I've got an HDTV that will only accept 1080i (and 540p.) I just set my desktop resolution to 60hz at 960 x 540 and it works fine. You probably want to use Powerstrip 3.

------------------

Cal Z.

Mits 65903 (65" widescreen HDTV)+ RCA DTC-100

and

Gateway Destination 27" (Princeton Arcadia based)+HTPC (Pentium II 400, 256mb, 20gb+9gb HD, Radeon LE, cybertainment tv tuner, asus dvd-rom, hercules game theater xp, Kenwood VR409 DTS receiver)

[email protected]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.