AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the Samsung LN46A550 and tried to output to it first from my computer using VGA. This worked but the screen was too big and no settings would get it right. So I have a HP laptop that has HDMI output on it so I used this and am able to get the screen at 1080p but its a little hazy and is too large so about a 1 inch border cannot be seen all around the picture. The chip in the laptop is Nvida so I used the Nvidia control panel that had several functions for HDTV signal and scaling. After trying everything I could set in there, I still cannot get the picture to perfectl fit the screen in 1080p. Any tips? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,851 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnist /forum/post/14249178

Just got the Samsung LN46A550 and tried to output to it first from my computer using VGA. This worked but the screen was too big and no settings would get it right. So I have a HP laptop that has HDMI output on it so I used this and am able to get the screen at 1080p but its a little hazy and is too large so about a 1 inch border cannot be seen all around the picture. The chip in the laptop is Nvida so I used the Nvidia control panel that had several functions for HDTV signal and scaling. After trying everything I could set in there, I still cannot get the picture to perfectl fit the screen in 1080p. Any tips? Thanks in advance!

Did you try resize desktop through the nvidia control panel when outputting with HDMI?

Does your tv have a just scan setting?

Also, have you tried the program powerstrip?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbunnysoulja /forum/post/14249377

Did you try resize desktop through the nvidia control panel when outputting with HDMI?

Does your tv have a just scan setting?

Also, have you tried the program powerstrip?

Yes I did try and resize through Nvidia control panel for output via HDMI. I was surprised at all the options it had regarding HDMI and configuration so I was frustrated that I couldn't get anything to work right.

What is a just scan setting? Can you explain this in further detail?

I've never heard of Powerstrip but thank you I will check it out. I remember an old tool called TVTool but I would think that is outdated now as I haven't used it in years. Thanks again.

·
Registered
Epson 5040UB projector, Denon 6300, 7.1.4 setup, M&K THX speakers and SVS subwoofer
3,186 Posts
in what program was the "just scan" option?? was this from desktop (VGA) or laptop (HDMI)?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts