AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #41 (Edited)
After trying to get the rack upstairs myself and failing …. I think it was the lip of the stairs that did me in.

I decided to take a few measurements. While I was getting things set up, I sent a 2K sound wave through the audio chain. It was just ringing like crazy bouncing off of the untreated walls. Walking around, I found lots of nulls and peaks. Below is just a simple sweep I used the current main listening position and took 3 measurements each at center of the seat, 6 inches left of center, and 6 inches right of center and then averaged the 9 measurements. I have to say it is a lot more convenient measuring home audio than in the car.

This is with no room corrections and not treatments. This is only the Fusions and no LFE. I think the electronic cross is HP80 but the graph does not exactly look that way to me. I am just sort of treading water until the Integra Pre/Pro is out of the shop.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Bit of an update...

Got the flooring ordered for the poker room a couple of weeks ago. It arrived Tuesday.

About 20 trips up the stairs and it is ready for the installers. I just need them to call and make the appointment.

Been distracted getting the garage outfitted with slat wall.

Ran out of the vinyl strips that cover the screws. So it is unfinished. Why yes, it was 320 screws to mount the panels to the 2x3s I mounted to the drywall.

Bought a nice work bench that might come in handy for ….

Assembling 2 Volt 10s. The plan is for 8 of them. I figured I would start with 2 and build some confidence.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
looking good man...

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Flooring is being installed on Friday which meant I finally had to make a firm commitment to rip out the closet area so they could get the flooring correct.

Before and after pictures of the closet area.

Before:

After:

West wall is what I expected and should not be too hard.

I will have some interesting items to deal with. Closet ceiling is currently lower than the main room ceiling. That looks messy.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Well, I ended up outsourcing the poker table build the same guy that build my friend's table. Probably a good plan since I have done NOTHING with the Volt 10s.

Here is the table playfield under construction.

My contribution so far was some light sanding on the legs in pep for them to be painted. They will end up black.

Foam has arrived for the playfield and for the rail. Still working with the fabric provider.

One Version -

2nd version -

Pictures of the bar area coming soon. I want to make a bit more progress before posting.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
The bar area is all ready for the granite

The table is ready for the playfield fabric (arriving 5/31). Curt (pictured) did a spectacular job on all of the parts that required any talent. I helped with the rail upholstery. Hence the lack of perfection if you look closely.

Thanks Curt!!

In the background is the base for replacing the pedestal sink.

The ceiling framing has been adjusted for drywall. Electrical has been reinstalled in the remaining walls.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I have been having some issues of late that looked like an HDMI handshake issue. The colors on the screen would shift briefly. It hadn't been happening much or for very long.

The other night was a different story. I was watching Apollo 11 with a guest and by an hour into the movie, it had failed almost hard. All blacks were displayed as red. WEIRD! Here is a screenshot:

2 minutes before the movie ended, it corrected itself and the credits were perfect. I did not get much time to troubleshoot, but even removing the HDMI cable, the projector behaved the same way with the blank screen being red instead of black.

Turned on the projector the next day and had the same issue. After figuring how to get into the service menu ({UP} {DOWN} {RIGHT} {LEFT} buttons on the remote) I did a factory reset. It did not seem to fix it right away, but by the time I corrected the orientation to be ceiling hung, the picture had fixed itself. Not sure for how long. I let is cook for 10 minutes or so and I did not see any issues. Later that evening I watched TV for about an hour with no recurrences. I don't think I am done with this one....

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
ah man that kinda sucks...no idea why it would do that..

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
About a month ago I made a trip to Jacksonville to pick up a few hand me downs from @chadsmith013.

@tarponator was nice enough to fabricate some platforms to keep them dry.

Under the tarp are a pair of Cyclops. Shown in their proper place. getting them up the stairs was harder than getting them down Chad's stairs.

Also part of the acquisition were these two VBSS boxes and Tarponator's NX6000.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I built my first pair of Volt 10 V2 for surrounds.

Those band clamps worked like a champ. It is nice having a neighbor that does wood working.

I was pleased with how the Duratex came out.

Crossovers went together easily.

I tested them on my living room system. They sounded better than what I am using as mains....

NOW DIYSOUND just needs to get the parts back in stock so I can build more.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
man your room is coning together nicely...how does everything sound?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
man your room is coming together nicely...how does everything sound?
Thanks. Bass is really smooth and lower. I have not done much to push anything yet. I really need to get REW up there and measure everything. I definitely have things vibrating that never vibrated before!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Subscribed....This should continue to progress nicely as it's looking really good so far.
Nice work Doug

41 - 60 of 80 Posts