Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I have an oval dish and a JVI 5X8 switch. Does anyone know of a good wiring diagram to let me know which of the four leads goes where. If your looking at the dish is LNB A&B on the left and does it matter which lead goes into the LNB A +18VDC and which lead goes into the LNB B +13 VDC and then of course for LNB C and LNB D the same ? applies. I tried hooking it up yesterday and never could get both SAT to come in. Only had 119 signals I think...

Thks....

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
13v= Sat A or 101w

18v= SatB or 119w

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
and Sat C its for 110, but unless you live in and want Greenville or Raleigh locals, you wont need the Sat C LNB.

Steve

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm not sure if I'm just misunderstanding the question or the answers, so please feel free to correct me if I missed something here, but on a 5x8 switch, you have 5 inputs distributed to 8 output ports. Both polarities (voltages) on the 101 and 119 LNBs are going to need to be connected to the 5x8 switch. In other words, the 101 LNB will have two leads, they will need to connect to the 'Sat-A' section with one lead from the LNB going to +13v, the other lead going to +18v; the 119 LNB will need to have both leads connected also, with one lead from the LNB going to +13v, and the other to +18v in the 'Sat-B' section. As long as the 101 LNB goes to Sat-A on the multiswitch and the 119 LNB goes to Sat-B on the multiswitch, there is no rule as to which wire goes to 13v, and which wire goes to 18v.

·
Registered
283 Posts
The following applies specifically to the JVI 4x8 switch 35-TR5822 (or 35-TR5422):

LNB A 17v/ 0 KHz

LNB B 13v/ 0 KHz

LNB C 17v/ 22 KHz

LNB D 13v/ 22 KHz

JVI lists the 35-TRDS8 and 35-TRDS4 (5x8 and 5x4 multiswitches) as being slightly different but I believe it's a typo in their literature. I believe the above applies to models 35-TR5822, 35-TR422, 35-TRDS8, 35-TRDS4.

This means that the 101 LNB will feed to positions A, and B; 119 LNB will feed to positions C, and D on the multiswitch. CATV will feed into the port marked 'ANT' on the '5x?' switches.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Just to clarify which one is which when looking at it:

If you are looking at the dish from the front (the feed arm is pointed at you and the LNBs are closest to you) the LNB on the far left is the 101 lnb - on the far right is the 119 lnb 2 outputs).

C (110 with 1 output) would be in the middle - but like someone said you probably don't have or need the C lnb.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I wanted to clarify too because these posts don't make sense if you're used to looking at the standard 4x4 multiswitch that comes with the Plus system package. The JVI multiswitches are labeled LNB A - LNB D rather than like most other multiswitches that are just labeled with two sections 'Sat A' and 'Sat B' with ports for 13V and 18V in each section. On the JVI multiswitch, the LNB A and LNB B ports correspond to Sat A +13V and +18V on the usually included multiswitch, and the LNB C and LNB D ports correspond to Sat B +13V and +18V on the usually included multiswitch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All,

Thanks for the clarification. I think now I can run the wires correctly. I appreciate understanding which LNB is 101 and which one is 119. That makes it alot easier. I will follow the voltage directions from John G...

One last question ?

Should you connect the sat cables first, then the IRD cables, then apply power or some other sequence ??

Thks.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.