AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While not totally HD related, I'm gonna ask anyway.

If you have a 4th gen dss (DirectTv) receiver with an oval dish and your using the multiswitch, can the receiver display channel 356 (NASA) from the 119 sat? I know it can with a direct line run from the 119 lnb. But through the multiswitch, can it tell? Isn't the signal combined with the multiswitch?

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
The answer is yes IF the unit has "direcTV +" written on it. Also you can check the menu system to see if you can choose the type of dish you wish to use.

Dave

------------------

Watch HDTV!!! Nothing else comes close!

·
Registered
68 Posts
NASA TV is on channel 376, and you probably won't see it (or won't see it for long) witha fourth gen IRD/receiver. Even if you aim a dedicated dish at the 119 sat, you might pick up NASA, but as soon as the program guide expires, it'll go away.

It doesn't happen with other content from the 119 (as far as I know), but specifically with the NASA channel, you need the program from the 119, and the guide from the 101 to continue watching it. This pretty much rules out non-plus IRD/receivers, since they can't do more than one sat at a time.

Even if you used a 22KHz switching-signal injector (like the ChannelMaster), it wouldn't work, because the IRD doesn't know how to interpret and integrate the Program Guides.

I haven't experienced this effect personally, the above information is from another board where the topic was brought up, tested, discussed, and resolved (as stated above).

FWIW

Scott

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.