AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I'm ready to replace my CRT RPTV

I'm looking at the over 60" plasmas and so far the Panasonic TC-P65S2 seems to be the best under $2K solution, but the older Panasonic TC - P65V10 seems to be more highly regarded for image quality, and you can find them for similar pricing on the 'net.

So how much is Internet folklore? I do know that it's not uncommon for last years models to be better as manufacturers start cutting corners or features in misguided attempts to compete - I guess I'm looking for some more feedback on folks that have hopefully had a chance to compare the two themselves.

Or am I overlooking some other gem out there? Is there another brand/model that you think is better?

Or will full-array non-edge LED backlighting finally allow LCD to surpass Plasma/CRT for image quality and make my dilemma moot? OK, we don't necessarily have to go there but I'm still miffed SED died. Oh well. Maybe my CRT RPTV has a few years left in it anyway!

Edit: and I couldn't care less about 3D - mainly I'm looking for black levels, overall image quality, and as good a compromise between glare and brightness as possible.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now I know why my account on here expired - this forum is dangerous!

So after reading for a few hours and checking around, the LG 60PK540 at Costco is pretty interesting. Probably a good thing Costco is closed tomorrow

1 - 7 of 7 Posts