AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a pair of Sennheiser HD 280 Pro headphones for close to a decade that I would like to replace. I've liked my current headphones well enough, but I feel like I need to upgrade. I'm looking for headphones that have a pretty neutral response, but I wouldn't mind if they shaded just a little warm (just no Beats-type bass, for the love of god). I use them for music predominately, but will also occasionally plug them into my PC's DAC for gaming purposes when my wife's asleep. Price-wise, I would like to no exceed $400.

Models I am considering, in no particular order:

Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 (wired version, not BT) - $299

Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H6 - $399

Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 - $250

NAD VISO HP50 - $299

Bowers & Wilkins P7 - $399

Where is a good place I can go to try out headphones? I have a Best Buy/Magnolia nearby, and they have a couple of these models in stock, but I'm not sure that there's any other stores in the area that would allow me to try some of these out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Look around for specialty audio shops, the ones around here have a TON of testers. I like to support the little guys too, they tend to be a lot more helpful than big box. I was shopping for Grados, and the shop let me try out 6 different models+amps. They were very patient and helpful through the whole process.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont Panic - I'll see if there are any specialty audio shops around here. I'm kind of in a rural area, and it's a 1.5 hour drive to Seattle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts