AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is a Optoma engined projector related to my Compaq MP1800, it should have (2) fans.. If you remove the bulb

assembly, and look in the area below where the bulb sits in the projector you should see two fans. One I think is a high speed fan to keep the projector cool when it is running, the other cools the system once you have turned the bulb off.. I bet one of your fans isn't running! You might be able to push the bulb switch in, fooling the projector into thinking it has a bulb, and turning it on, to see if both fans come on or not. I tried this on mine, when the projector would not lite one time. Use your own judgement! And don't hold me responsible if you blow the thing up! http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I have seen used ones on Ebay go for $900 - $1100,

so I wouldn't want to pay more than that, unless you are getting some sort of warranty.. If you can verify that the fan is out, find out if you can order the fan yourself, if you are confident working with this type of stuff, or call up Viewsonic, and find out what the repair would be on a fan.. This assuming it is the fan!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I found a PJ820 for cheap online, and everything works perfectly according to them (they tested it). The only problem is that it overheats in about 15 minutes. This is what they said:

We did get a beautiful picture through the

composite video and both VGA inputs, but the

temperature LED started blinking indicating that the

system overheated after about 10-15 minutes and shut

the lamp off (the fan does blow air through the system

but it is unknown if it is running slow or if there is

another cause for this problem).

Any ideas? Is this projector worth buying and repairing, and if so, does anyone have a ballpark figure what it would cost? Also, what is this projector worth refurbed and/or used?

Just trying to figure out if this is a deal or something I should run away from...

Jason

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.