AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if any of you have run into the following problem. It appears that when ever I launch my DVD application the OverLay Brigthness on my 7500 changes from 0 to 114. If you hit the default button all the overlay controls return to normal and the britghness changes back to 0. As soon as I insert another DVD it does the same thing, the brightness shots up to 114 until you manually go in and click default. I belive it has something to do with the DVD software, not sure. I only have this problem when using either PowerDVD or WINDVD but not my TV Tuner software. Do you think it's a problem with the card drivers or WinDVD 4.0?

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
After reading for quite a few hours yesterday, it appears that there is an issue with at least powerdvd 4 in that powerdvd 4 overlay controls take control of the ati global overlay controls and change them. Zoom Player doesn't have this issue because you have the option of disabling the ZP overlay controls. I don't know about windvd.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi,

This seem to apply to Windvd 4.0 if the overlay in the software is not set to default. In order to use the global setting the software player must be set to default. This unfortunately is not best for my PQ in Windvd.

The good news is that whenever I revert to another software that use default settings (Powerdvd, ATi) or use ZP without overlay enabled, Desktop Display overlay settings changed back to the setted values.

ZP, Powerdvd and ATi's defaults are actually quite good for PQ.

Regards

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I have been having problems with several programs I use and the overlay.

For some reason (no pattern) the overlay will get brighter or darker after a few hours of use.

I just installed the lastest reference drivers in my 7500LE and we will see if it continues to happen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.