AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using an APC H15 power conditioner to power my CRT Directview HDTV, Onkyo 5.1 receiver (and large 5.1 speakers) and cable box, PS3, etc. In the last couple of weeks, my power conditioner has been displaying "too much Vin" and shutting off completely. This used to happen maybe once a month, now it's happening daily. I have to unplug and replug the H15 in order to get it to come back up.

Recently I had some issues with 2 HD channels not coming through. Time Warner sent some guys over and they figured out the signal loss was happening in the built-in splitter on the H15. But they also pledged to install an amp outside my house.

I live in a townhouse built in the 70's that has aluminum wiring, so I'm wary about voltage fluctuations, that's why I got the power conditioner in the first place. Unfortunately, I don't understand a lot about electricity so I'd like to ask a couple of questions.

1)Could the extra voltage added by the amp the cable guys installed be enough to mess up my conditioner? Could this be attributable to any other causes (such as weather)?

2)Is there a setting I could change on the conditioner to prevent this from happening?

3)Do I need to be concerned about the voltage levels? Should I have a professional (such as an electrician) come out and take measurements at my house, or is my power conditioner just too sensitive?

Thanks everyone for your time!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.