AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a temporary LCR for a basement room. Eventually I will most likely move these speakers to surround sound duty as I have big towers at another home that I will use once I finish the moving. But for now I need a better LCR than this cheap Dayton set I have. I have a 12" sub to handle the low end.

Not look to spend a lot, but also don't want to feel like i'm just wasting money. It seems the fusion would be better for LCR duty but maybe not as good for surround duty?...

So any preferences?

TIA

·
Registered
105 Posts
I was comparing these for my parents. What I ended up recommending was the Overnight Sensation MTM for these reasons:

They will be sitting 7'-8' away at max and running LR only, most likely with a sub for HT so I was shying away from the waveguides for dispersion reasons.
There is chance they may not run these with a sub always so I chose the OS MTM over the V6's & waveguides since the MTM has the lower frequency response.
OS MTM is within my Dad's budget and flat packs are a bonus since my Dad wants to get his toes wet and try AIY.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I would recommend the Fusion 6 over the OS MTM considering that they will be used temporarily as mains for a movie setup, then later as surrounds. The Fusion will perform better for movies in just about every single catagory. Better yet would be the Fusion 8, which is, imho a pretty decent step up from the Fusion 6.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts