AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone using OUTLAW M200 mono block amps to power 4 ohm designed speakers?If so,what are your impressions of the difference they made in stereo and HT listening.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I don't know much about that particular amp, I'm interested to hear some testimonials from someone who has driven 4 ohm speakers with those amps. Reason is, it's awfully slim and fairly light, doesn't seem as if there's any room at all for a decent sized power supply that you would expect from an amp designed to easily push 4 ohm speakers. None of the reviews mentioned a straight nominal 4 ohm speaker.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
FWIW, the Outlaw M-200's use class AB to about 80 W, then switch to class G. There is a chance that the switchover can be audible, but I've never seen any users mention it. "Overpriced" amps typically use class A deeper into the power band, and then use class AB the rest of the way. :)

·
Registered
786 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by drew1021
The latest review on audioreview for the amps puzzles me: Why would anyone go from a Parasound HCA 2205 to 3 of the Outlaw amps? It seems like a downgrade to me.
Because they are caught up in the get something for nothing hype like many other people.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Quote:
Because they are caught up in the get something for nothing hype like many other people.
Versus the you have to pay through the nose to get quality sound crowd?

Brian

·
Registered
786 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by usabrian
Versus the you have to pay through the nose to get quality sound crowd?

Brian
I agree there is an extreme on the other end, and they are just as foolish.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have 3 of them running my front three channels and using my upgraded denon 5800 as pre. I am feeding three 4 ohm M&K S-150's and these amps have no problem driving them effortlessly. I have cranked them up to reference level and hear no audible effect or difference when they switch to class D, were talking nanoseconds friends. I have not compared them with any other amps but I have a bigger soundstage and more power than the denon.It just have better lows, mids and highs cymbals and voices have more clarity with better imaging. These amps are an absolute steal for the price!

·
Registered
3,439 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have a pair driving my Maggie 1.6s. I am no golden ears but they drive the speakers effortlessly. They sound neutral and pretty clean, but once in a while I feel they sound a bit constrained. Overall very good for the price. I understand NHT monoblocs are identical to the Outlaws.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I was curious and looked for the NHT A1s.... They are $400 everywhere I've seen them, and nothing's on Ebay.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I would like to hear more about the 200 mono blocks as well. I have a 3803 powering Rockets and thought about getting 3 mono blocks for the LCR. I've done the searches but just haven't read a lot of testimonials. Hope someone can help out.

~ Jay

·
Registered
720 Posts
No Clue wrote:

"I'm kind of interested in these too. I just noticed their sale on these.

Looks like a good value; 7 x 200 watts into 8 ohms for under 1500 and free shipping.

Steve"

I don't see that deal anywhere on the site. The best price I could find was $1674 shipped for 7 monos. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
An amplifiers job is to AMPLIFY what is given. Anymore (coloration of sound etc ) and it is not an amp anymore :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.