AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Panasonic PT60LC13 LCD RPTV and its native resolution is 1280x720. Does that mean it has exactly 1280 x 720 pixels on it?

If I use my Radeon 9200's DVI output to the LCD RPTV, the card can detect that the TV is 1280x720 and set the resolution to 1280x720. However, there is overscan problem, so actually it's not exact 1:1 pixel mapping, right? I noticed that the text is not so clear(if I set it to 800x600 and use TRUE display mode, then I think it's 1:1 pixel mapping and the text is very sharp).

Does this thing matter? Right now I'm using 960x540 with PowerStrip(VGA output), text is not very sharp but video is ok. I think if I can manage to get 1:1 pixel mapping at 1280x720 resolution, both the text and video should be very sharp, right?

I'm trying to setup ZoomPlayer and ffdshow, but I really want to know if the overscan and non-1:1-pixel-mapping thing will affect my PQ or not.

· Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, Jose.

I'm just a little frustrated with PowerStrip, why can't ATI/NVidia make some HDTV-friendly video cards? Then we don't have to deal with underscan/overscan/timing, etc. :))

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.