AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am experiencing an odd scaling issue with my screen. I have the HTPC connected to the display via HDMI and I have scaled the image on the HTPC to fit the screen 1920x1080. Problem is that after a few minutes the image begins to bleed off of the edge of the screen and gets cut off and eventually several minutes later it sizes back down and then repeats the process. It happens so slow that it is not noticeable while watching something but I am curious if anyone else has experienced this and if there is a way to stop this from happening. Is it a Windows or Driver issue? I am running the Intel G620 on a Intel H67 board on Win 7 64.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
You probably have the pixel orbiter turned on. It's meant to slowly move the image around to prevent burn-in. If you're Kuro is broken in and you don't have it in torch mode, then you're very unlikely to experience burn-in. You should be able to turn the pixel orbiter off. Just don't leave still images on your TV for 12+ hours.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds like it could be the culprit. Would it be better to run the Kuro in PC mode as well? I was hesitant in doing that because I have more picture options in regular mode.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeedub  /t/1421927/overscan-help-with-htpc-connected-to-pioneer-kuro#post_22251877

That sounds like it could be the culprit. Would it be better to run the Kuro in PC mode as well? I was hesitant in doing that because I have more picture options in regular mode.

You don't need to run the Kuro in PC mode. I've honestly never understood the point of the PC mode. Video mode works perfectly with an HTPC.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually it may not be the orbitter, I have it running with both my PS3 and XBOX and dont see this expanding and contracting phenomena over the same HDMI input. I am wondering if it is a driver issue causing the scaling and not something with the display.

·
Registered
2,418 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeedub  /t/1421927/overscan-help-with-htpc-connected-to-pioneer-kuro#post_22252030

Actually it may not be the orbitter, I have it running with both my PS3 and XBOX and dont see this expanding and contracting phenomena over the same HDMI input. I am wondering if it is a driver issue causing the scaling and not something with the display.

Are you still seeing the issue after turning the orbiter off? Also, make sure the input for your HTPC is set to dot-by-dot.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ill have to check when I get home from work. I think it is on Full or Dot by Dot. I am confused that no other device appears weird on the display other then the HTPC. I run everything through my AVAMP so they share the HDMI connection.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dot by Dot fixed the issue. The orbitter is fine to be left on, as soon as I set it to dot by dot everything looked correct on the display.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts