AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I remember someone mentioned in these forums, there is a registry key to turn on tv-out overscan. My config is a Radeon All-in-Wonder 8500dv with the catylst 3.7

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm not to sure if that was a question or anything. But I'll add my 2 cents anyway.

To enable overscan easily, obtain a copy of Rage3d Tweaker (freeware) and with it click 'enable overscan'. Then in the display properties, in the TV options there is now an available option for overscan.

Personally however, I'm not too fond of enabling overscan as it makes the image 1:1 and not 4:3 res. So unless you can find yourself a way of squashing the image then you may be out of luck :(

Hope this helps

·
Registered
665 Posts
I recently enabled overscan, and I love it. I also enabled 720 x 480 resolution and that is great too. For Windows type things it makes it harder, but I am using this on my dedicated HTPC for video. It is strange how while windows virtually extends beyond the TV screen, the video to the overlay does not. At least in SageTV. So now, I get true full screen video that is not being resized!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.