AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 269 Posts

· Registered
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the title says If you own a Panasonic plasma with no black level rise issues please post it here . There has been some mention of this and I would like to see how many there are that arent and thought it would be very informative to current owners and also folks interested in possibly getting a new Panasonic Plasma .So please list your model # , When you purchased it and how many hours you've logged on it to the best of your knowledge. Again this thread is dedicated strictly for Panasonic owners not experiencing this black level issue so we can see possibly what type of percentage were dealing with . So if you are experiencing black level issues please post on the appropriate thread and not on this one. Thank you everyone in advance for taking the time to reply . I really think all of us Panasonic Plasma owners can prosper from all the information we can find out not just one of side the coin . Thank you again !

· Registered
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tc-p65v10 Purchased Jan. 29 2010 build date Oct.2009 aprox. 70 plus hours logged and pq is excellent thus far very impressed .

· Registered
10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor /forum/post/18127155

Tc-p65v10 Purchased Jan. 29 2010 aprox. 70 plus hours logged and pq is excellent thus far very impressed .

did you just reply to your own question 9 minutes after you posted it
bwaaa haaa haaa haa

· Registered
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitol /forum/post/18127201

did you just reply to your own question 9 minutes after you posted it
bwaaa haaa haaa haa

Figured since I started the thread it might be a good idea that I should participate

· Registered
752 Posts
Have had my TC-P58S1 09-09 ...looks great with no issues. Build date is 07-09

· Registered
2,030 Posts
54V10 with May 2009 build date 1100 hours. PQ and blacks are excellent!

NO REGRETS! WOULD BUY ANOTHER ONE!

· Registered
91 Posts
46" G15 June build 2700 hours and black levels are awesome! Have also had all the tech updates (THX and Scan board done).

· Registered
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is overwhelming guys keep the replys coming and it sure puts everything in perspective . Thank you for those participating and sharing there information

· Registered
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyTV /forum/post/18130387

how about some numbers? before and after with a light meter?

Most people dont carry light meters in there back pocket measuring the levels. This thread was dedicated for People that own a Panasonic Plasma and if there "not" experiencing black level rising visually or if they do have a light meter that would be good to . But I feel if you cant see a difference visually then a Light meter shouldn't be needed unless your trying to see or find a problem thats not there although this is just my oppinion. Please folks lets not turn this thread into what it was not intended for and thats a debate why and how people are determining black levels . Please just post your model # date purchased and or build date and if your not seeing any black level rise VISUALY or With a light meter. Thankyou again for participating

· Registered
535 Posts
This is dumb!!! 70hrs and pq is excellent...

No one has a problem with idle black levels at 70hrs or anywhere near it...geeze! I'd want to know who has 1000hrs+ without a rise in their MLLs and can back it up. People who are reporting that they have 1000hrs+ with no rise means nothing without a meter. Some peoples eyes are sh!t plain and simple. My parents TV has purple skin tones yet they believe the picture is acceptable...I can't even watch it. I'm sure many others have seen this phenomenon when visiting friends and family so don't get too excited when someone says they have a lot of hours and no rise in MLLs without a meter to back it up.

· Registered
535 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor /forum/post/18130621

Most people dont carry light meters in there back pocket measuring the levels. This thread was dedicated for People that own a Panasonic Plasma and if there experiencing black level rising visually or if they do have a light meter that would be good to . But I feel if you cant see a difference visually then a Light meter shouldn't be needed unless your trying to see or find a problem thats not there although this is just my oppinion. Please folks lets not turn this thread into what it was not intended for and thats a debate why and how people are determining black levels . Please just post your model # date purchased and or build date and if your not seeing any black level rise VISUALY or With a light meter. Thankyou again for participating

What is the point of this? Your way results in a collection of speculation/misinformation and nothing more. Yes I can see the black level issue with my eyes very easily but that doesn't mean you can! I've had many projectors over the years which I have watched with may different people. No one except me ever noticed and visual problems, dust blob on mirror, dirt on screen, incorrect color calibration, etc. So if one of these casual viewers reported that they didn't see a problem does that mean they are right?

· Registered
4,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO1 /forum/post/18130622

This is dumb!!! 70hrs and pq is excellent...

No one has a problem with idle black levels at 70hrs or anywhere near it...geeze! I'd want to know who has 1000hrs+ without a rise in their MLLs and can back it up. People who are reporting that they have 1000hrs+ with no rise means nothing without a meter. Some peoples eyes are sh!t plain and simple. My parents TV has purple skin tones yet they believe the picture is acceptable...I can't even watch it. I'm sure many others have seen this phenomenon when visiting friends and family so don't get too excited when someone says they have a lot of hours and no rise in MLLs without a meter to back it up.

Please dont flame this thread its not how valid you think the responses are, please read the opening post , thankyou. also if you have problem whitch its obviously you do please channel your anger to your black level rising thread , thanks again

1 - 20 of 269 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.