AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I had bought a 10HT several years ago, and I LOVED it. The picture was fabulous, although the black level was irritating I could still become comopletely immersed in the movies.

Unfortunately that little gem ($5500 at the time!) was on a credit card, and regaining my sanity I sold it (also for $5500!) 5 months later.

I currently have a Sony 57" widescreen RPTV that is great, but now that I have more secure finances, I want to move back into FPTV land.

I was all ready to buy an Epson TW-100 (I think thats the name) projector, but the supply disappeared! I haven't seen anything in person lately except for the what was on the last home theater cruise. All that stuff was FANTASTIC but too high end, I'm looking for the mid end.

I require widescreen panels, 1280x7?? minimum resolution, shortish throw distance, and relatively quiet operation. HDCP is a major plus. Good computer compatibility a plus. I can spend 0-$4000. I would pick up a PLV-70 but that is more then $4000.

Also, I have a Da-lite High Power screen I will be reusing.

Based on the above what projector would you recommend for purchase within one week?

Also, how would you rate the Sony HS1 and HS2 in comparison to the 10HT?

Thanks everyone! Doing searches has been very enlightening but I was hoping for specific advice for MY circumstances :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
You should take a look at the HS20 (there's a really good thread goint on at the moment about it). I was originally going to replace my 10HT with the 12HT but have since decided on the HS20 (which by all accounts smokes the 12HT).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.