AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lucky enough to pick up a pair of the VF-36's at Best Buy's black friday sale which I'm told is on through Sunday so you can still pick them up if your looking, though there were only 2 left at my best buy after I bought these, and that was at around 3pm lol. Anyways, I haven't had the chance to hook them up yet, this is the start of replacing my current setup which is Klipsch Quintet 3's and a Klispch Sub-12. I got a pair of these for the fronts, and will be picking up the VC-25 next I think, and then the surrounds to complete the rest of my Icon series (i'll keep the sub as its just fine lol). What are your thoughts for replacing the center, is the VC-25 good enough or maybe the S-10 would be good? Also, how are you guys liking this speaker so far, I hear the break in period isn't long. Lastly, I have a Onkyo TX-SR605 which I believe the wattage is 90-100 watts per channel, though the speakers are 150 RMS Continous watts. I'm told you can hook this up just fine with half the whats of what its rated up to, so I'm not too worried there, but figured I'd mention it in case. So a couple questions. Back when I hooked up my quintet 3's, that was my first experience hooking up a receiver etc... and just wanted to know if I should consider rewiring it with banana plugs, because the way I have the wire in the posts, its actually causing breakage on the wire, though it is the heavy duty industrial monster cable wire, the pricy stuff, so I figured as long as the signal terminates there won't be any audio degradation. Also, do I need to think of upgrading the receiver with this new config I'm thinking about. Lastly, what is all of your thoughts on the quality of the VF-36's, how do you like them?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a little input. I own the VF-36's. I used to have them hooked up to a yamaha rxv765 in a bedroom. They were a little large and I swapped them out for my theater room Infinity towers which are two 5 1/4" in each tower so quite a bit smaller. Anyway I like the VF36's but they are really brite in my theater room. Maybe it's the different amp or the settings on my amp. They are hooked up to a Pioneer Elite SC-35 which is way nicer than my rxv765 so I am a little confused.

They are definitely a good speaker especially for the 50% off that you got them for without working in the business. I would definitely say keep your sub, I am a little jealous because I didn't get one of those before they took them away from us (but I did get SW450's...two of them). I don't know about that other center, but I do know I have never cared for my VC-25 center.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts