AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After such a disappointing review of the 3800 i am considering the 4800 instead. I heard it does not have the Chroma bug a is a very good DVD Audio player which is what i'm after.

If anyone who owns this player could give their thoughts it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Mark

·
Registered
236 Posts
I very much like my 4800, but there is one thing that is keeping it out of my primary system. It has a problem with two front projectors that I tried it on. There were vertical lines running throughout the picture...it almost looked like I was shooting on bamboo matting, rather than a Stewart Screen. I have looked closely on my Toshiba 65" RPTV and I have not seen the same problem there.

Otherwise it offers the same video performance as the RP-91, improved audio(I think), and DVD-A bass enhancement. The multichanger is added convenience if you are into that thing.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I remember hearing that there is no random mode for all discs, so it only randomizes on a single CD. Is this right? That kind of kills much of the convenience of it being a multi-disc player for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.