AVM 60 USD3,850
MRX 1120 USD3,850
MRX 720 USD2,600

will available in November 2015

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I don't know if you can edit your thread, but you appear to have had some happy fingers and wrote Atoms instead of Atmos. :)
Sorry for my typo, edited already.:)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Talked with the dealer in Hong Kong today, the estimated MSRP as follows-

AVM 60 USD3,850
MRX 1120 USD3,850
MRX 720 USD2,600

Cr*p, that will make it around the 3000€ ballpark here in Europe for the 720, the 2 others around 4500€...

·
Registered
326 Posts
anybody knows what the Differential-Output D/A of 32bit & 768kHz would be good for?
Is that necessary for some sort of signals of the new multichannel types?
we all like big numbrs - don't we...

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
Talked with the dealer in Hong Kong today, the estimated MSRP as follows-

AVM 60 USD3,850
MRX 1120 USD3,850
MRX 720 USD2,600

I used a Euro conversion table and came up with a smaller number. Those prices are still lower than what Anthem usually charges for their Pre/Pro's, but the AVR's are a bit high.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Dear all,

Sorry for less details as I only got this information from my friend, more information as follows:-

MSRP
AVM 60 Euro 3,000
MRX 1120 Euro 3,000
MRX 720 Euro 2,000
What’s the current suggested retail price of an MRX 710 or 510 in that market?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Does this new models come with an upgraded version og ARC(arc2) ?

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
An Anthem Pre/Pro for $3300.00 would be amazing!
I'm curious why an "Anthem pre-pro" is more exciting to you than an "Anthem AVR," given that here the differences appear to just be balanced outputs on the pre-pro vs. amplifier channels on the AVR. We're not talking about whole different analog sections, with the pre-pro having much higher objective performance. That was the case with previous (super-expensive) Anthem pre-pros vs. MRX.

The 710 has a msrp of $1999 I would hope the 720 would be around the same price. $600 seems like a pretty major jump in price.
The stated price (accurate or otherwise) is not only in a different market but also in a different currency. Hence my question. The absolute number is a lot less interesting IMO than the percentage increase.

·
Registered
14,746 Posts
I'm curious why an "Anthem pre-pro" is more exciting to you than an "Anthem AVR," given that here the differences appear to just be balanced outputs on the pre-pro vs. amplifier channels on the AVR. We're not talking about whole different analog sections, with the pre-pro having much higher objective performance. That was the case with previous (super-expensive) Anthem pre-pros vs. MRX.[/I]
I agree. Unless the AVM 60 has a much better analog section than the MRX 1120 I'd go with the MRX 1120 to get the amp section. I'm also curious as to if these three have the full version of ARC. If the MRSP for the AVM 60 and the MRX 1120 are $3500 US then that seems a bit steep IMO.

Bill

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I'm also curious as to if these three have the full version of ARC.
In essence there's only one ARC. The differences are external - how the hardware connects and how much DSP is in it. ARC knows which model it connects to and operates/calculates accordingly. The three new models have the same DSP between them.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
The absolute number is a lot less interesting IMO than the percentage increase.
From MRX 700 to 710 it was 0% simply because $1999 is some sort of psychological border. Analog video may have been deleted in the 720 but there are 50% more channels of processing/licensing and the wireless player/bridge among other non-trivial cost-ups, plus inflation since 2010 (9.5%) which is when 700/710 MSRP was set.

·
Registered
14,746 Posts
In essence there's only one ARC. The differences are external - how the hardware connects and how much DSP is in it. ARC knows which model it connects to and operates/calculates accordingly. The three new models have the same DSP between them.
OK. Will the AVM 60 have the same DSP capability for ARC as the AVM 50v and D2v?

Bill

·
Registered
893 Posts
OK. Will the AVM 60 have the same DSP capability for ARC as the AVM 50v and D2v?

Bill
I'm almost positive it will be improved in some way. They mentioned that it will have a new improved ARC on the AVM60, and I'm sure it will also be the same setup we will get with the 720 and 1120. I just wish Anthem US would announce this stuff already so they can be talked about freely.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
***there are 50% more channels of processing/licensing and the wireless player/bridge among other non-trivial cost-ups, plus inflation since 2010 (9.5%) which is when 700/710 MSRP was set.
Fair enough, though I'm not sure what that had to do with the post to which you replied. You'd already primed us for a price increase with your earlier incorrect statements about Denon relative pricing. ;)

My point was simply that, even assuming the numbers offered were accurate as to that market in that currency, the absolute numbers are less interesting than the comparative numbers.

That is to say, someone writing that the MRX 720 is going to sticker at X in Y currency in Z market is not useful for a global audience without the context of what the MRX 710 currently stickers for in Y currency terms in Z market. The reason is that the absolute number depends on any number of local quirks (duties, local distributors' whim, wiggle room in case of large currency movements competitiveness of the market, etc.). However, one assumes the relative price points will be reasonably constant between markets. Slightly different for various reasons (currency hedging, psychological price barriers, etc) but reasonably constant.

The MRX 720 does look on paper like a very attractive offering, and the first box I've seen that could nudge the MRX 300 out of my media cabinet.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Ah...ok...11 channels. I'll pass. As soon as someone sells a (reasonably priced) receiver capable of 9.X.4 I'm in!

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Aww, piss. I was just about to jump into a new Yammy before I saw this thread. The 1120 looks like it will be worth the wait and I get to put my money towards a Canadian product. Please come out at the end of the year, Anthem!

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
I'm curious why an "Anthem pre-pro" is more exciting to you than an "Anthem AVR," given that here the differences appear to just be balanced outputs on the pre-pro vs. amplifier channels on the AVR. We're not talking about whole different analog sections, with the pre-pro having much higher objective performance. That was the case with previous (super-expensive) Anthem pre-pros vs. MRX.[/I]
I agree. Unless the AVM 60 has a much better analog section than the MRX 1120 I'd go with the MRX 1120 to get the amp section. I'm also curious as to if these three have the full version of ARC. If the MRSP for the AVM 60 and the MRX 1120 are $3500 US then that seems a bit steep IMO.

Bill

Well of course they are grossly over-priced: welcome to the world of boutique audio video.

You can bet they will be neutered in a myriad of ways: multizone functionality, switching versatiity, streaming/playback functionality are usually near the top of the list...all for "improved sound quality" which of course is never actually quantifiable, conveniently enough.

Arcam, Anthem, NAD, etc figured this game out a long time ago: charge more for less, give it a 3-$5000 price tag, make it relatively scarce, and add another 15-20lbs and the illusion of better quality, performance and reliability is all-but complete.

I'll exit before I hear about how earth-shattering the room correction system is.

James

·
Registered
551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Edited the first page by adding the MSRP and 3 new photos of AVM60

·
Registered
7,962 Posts
Ah...ok...11 channels. I'll pass. As soon as someone sells a (reasonably priced) receiver capable of 9.X.4 I'm in!
I'm still wondering what percentage of consumer rooms can either "support" - or more importantly- be properly configured with 13-17 loudspeakers???

Further-, seeing there exists NO 13 channel discreet system/array in the world, it is odd to me that people place it as essential criteria in the first place. It's like demanding a 6 wheeled car.

I guess it "must" be better.

Bizarre.

James

21 - 40 of 11280 Posts