AVS Forum banner

6541 - 6560 of 10320 Posts

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I still don't plan to install it because everything works perfect at the moment.

Have you tried this?

- Depending on network configuration and previous software version may require you to perform 3 AC power cycles to fix it (apply AC power, power on unit, wait 30 sec, remove AC power, wait 10 sec, repeat 3 times)

Done...ARC Mobile and Anthem apps are working again. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Update on HDR10+ support: I talked with Anthem support regarding HDR10+. At present, they do not support this format with no immediate plans to add it.

Thanks...I’m sure they’re in wait and see mode. My Panny Plasma keeps on trucking so I may never get there either.

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
Update on HDR10+ support: I talked with Anthem support regarding HDR10+. At present, they do not support this format with no immediate plans to add it.
Curious, since the Anthems are strictly pass through and do no video processing. Anyone care to educate me on what is unique/different about HDR10+ vs. say Dolby Vision, from a connectivity standpoint?

From the Anthem web site:

HDMI & Video
HDMI 2.0a
HDCP 2.2
4:4:4 Subsampling at 4K60 (18.2 Gbps)
High Dynamic Range (HDR)
Dolby Vision™ Compatible
Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG)
BT.2020 Color Gamut
On-Screen Display with 4K 50/60
4K 50/60 Switching

EDIT: Looks like it requires HDMI 2.1, although this article suggests it may work with HDMI 2.0. All academic for me, as I will not be replacing my Panny Plasma for some time (hopefully).

https://alliance.experienceuhd.com/news/what-hdr10

·
Registered
12,225 Posts
Curious, since the Anthems are strictly pass through and do no video processing. Anyone care to educate me on what is unique/different about HDR10+ vs. say Dolby Vision, from a connectivity standpoint?
Good question.

Just guessing, but maybe the AVM 60's EDID will not support HDR10+ because the OSD processor does not support HDR10+ output format. [/rampant speculation]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Play-Fi sound quality

I was using a streamer from Sonore (Sonic Orbiter) connected via ethernet to my NAS also running Squeezebox/Lite. Pandora dropped support for Squeeze and so I changed to Spotify and started to experiment with Play-Fi on my MRX720. Wow, it sounds better over Wifi then my prior setup. Really deep, wide soundstage. I am super happy with Play-Fi/Spotify and my recorded music from the NAS even sounds better. I was really surprised. Then I started thinking about noise and such related to the cabling including SP-DIF (Optical) etc. vs. the wi-fi connection skipping all that...maybe there is another and better explanation but I am impressed!

One issue I am trying to figure out is how to turn off the receiver from Spotify/Play-Fi. When you select the receiver source on Spotify or Play-Fi it automatically turns on the receiver and turns input to Play-Fi....but there's no "off button" when I'm done. You can pause/close the app but that does nothing to power toggle the receiver. That would be an added convenience I'd say. Even the automatic off timer on the unit is not working when in Play-Fi mode...sounds like a bug to me...

Other's experience with Play-Fi?

Have you compared sound quality using:

1. Digital inputs - audio player (e.g. foobar2000)
a) Optical
b) Coaxial
c) HDMI

2. Play-Fi streaming (Critical Listening Mode) - media server (e.g. foobar2000 UPnP/DLNA server)

Stereo, only lossless - 44.1/16, 96/24, 192/24.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I was using a streamer from Sonore (Sonic Orbiter) connected via ethernet to my NAS also running Squeezebox/Lite. Pandora dropped support for Squeeze and so I changed to Spotify and started to experiment with Play-Fi on my MRX720. Wow, it sounds better over Wifi then my prior setup. Really deep, wide soundstage. I am super happy with Play-Fi/Spotify and my recorded music from the NAS even sounds better. I was really surprised. Then I started thinking about noise and such related to the cabling including SP-DIF (Optical) etc. vs. the wi-fi connection skipping all that...maybe there is another and better explanation but I am impressed!

One issue I am trying to figure out is how to turn off the receiver from Spotify/Play-Fi. When you select the receiver source on Spotify or Play-Fi it automatically turns on the receiver and turns input to Play-Fi....but there's no "off button" when I'm done. You can pause/close the app but that does nothing to power toggle the receiver. That would be an added convenience I'd say. Even the automatic off timer on the unit is not working when in Play-Fi mode...sounds like a bug to me...

Other's experience with Play-Fi?
I’m not a fan of Play-Fi, sound quality is not very good. Very flat...what is this critical listening mode you speak of?

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Play-Fi has better bitrate compared to Bluetooth and even airplay if I might add. The sound quality is indeed more superior based on what I have heard so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
192 Posts
I’ve just updated the 720 with the latest software. When playing Dolby vision content (day via Netflix on the ATV), the volume OSD doesn’t show up. Anyone else experienced this issue?

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Play-Fi has better bitrate compared to Bluetooth and even airplay if I might add. The sound quality is indeed more superior based on what I have heard so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, much better than those. I would never use Bluetooth.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I’ve just updated the 720 with the latest software. When playing Dolby vision content (day via Netflix on the ATV), the volume OSD doesn’t show up. Anyone else experienced this issue?
Latest software? Did anthem release any of late?

Sent from my CMR-W09 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Latest software? Did anthem release any of late?

Yes, v1.4.095.

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts

Yeah, I really don't think Play-Fi is too bad. Does a pretty good job if you ask me. :)

·
Registered
615 Posts
Does anyone know how much longer Anthem will be keeping the "20" line around?
I was thinking about a 720, but will wait if there's something new on the horizon.
Aren't they going on 4 years old now?

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Yeah, I really don't think Play-Fi is too bad. Does a pretty good job if you ask me. :)

Not bad but prefer a device that supports MQA.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Does anyone know how much longer Anthem will be keeping the "20" line around?
I was thinking about a 720, but will wait if there's something new on the horizon.
Aren't they going on 4 years old now?
Anthem is keeping it close to their chest when it comes to new product release. Not even the slightest hint or so in their blog or FB. But the "20" series is really good for home theater.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Not bad but prefer a device that supports MQA.

I guess we can't have the best of both worlds. In terms "wireless" connectivity, I really think this is the best out there. But not many amp or receiver manufacturers include this DTS derivative answer to Airplay.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I guess we can't have the best of both worlds. In terms "wireless" connectivity, I really think this is the best out there. But not many amp or receiver manufacturers include this DTS derivative answer to Airplay.

Yes, It keeps evolving which is good.

6541 - 6560 of 10320 Posts