2. If it's a zip file you have to extract the contents. Check instructions on their website.Just received and setup my first Anthem product (Anthem MRX720) and it really lights my Klipsch Reference Premier series speakers up. I love it! I have a couple questions though that I hope someone can help me with.
1. I ran the ARC software and let it do it’s thing and it seemed to set most of my speaker and sub to max level (12). Thought that was weird but maybe because it made them large speakers and there is no crossover? Sorry I’m coming from YPAO.
2. I can’t seem to be able to update the firmware. I downloaded the latest version and placed the zip on a usb thumb drive. Plugged it in to the front and ran the Firmware update via USB in the menu and it just says error with usb or fw. I tried several usb sticks, also extracted the fw file and placed just that in the stick but all with the same result, just an error.
3. In playing some Dolby Atmos movies from my AppleTV it shows up on the screen as Multi: PCM3/4 and not Atmos. I’ve read that PCM is a straight feed and not processed at all and should be good. So am I getting Atmos? I can hear some sound from my Atmos front height speakers.
That’s all I got for now...really shocked how much better my speakers sound coming off my Yamaha Aventage RX1070.
3. Atmos for any online service is an utter joke. I have my ATV set for Atmos, but never saw any. I tried Jack Ryan on prime, 5.1 lpcm. A few weeks later I tried again, no setting changes, and I saw Atmos. Anyone relying on digital online services for a great high end AV experience is got to be ready for disappointed... I have full control on my hardware and network. But you know what I have zero control over? Whatever some upstream video services deigns to push down the pipe to my home. Heck, with devices as clouded as this I can't see what bitrate or even resolution I'm getting.