AVS Forum banner

9881 - 9900 of 10395 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I could be wrong, but I seem to recall some mention that U.S.-based Anthem units are actually shipped to New York somewhere, I don't believe it was NYC though, might have been Buffalo? Also, I could swear that Anthem could provide a box with proper packing material inside, but there is a charge for it. I might be totally not remembering something correctly, but this is in my mind for some reason. I'd like to think any electronics repair shop that works on receivers would be at least able to diagnose it. Of course you'd then need to procure the part, and not sure if Anthem would sell that to you or not. Paradigm sells drivers to folks, so maybe Anthem would do the same thing with electronic parts. Of course, if the diagnosis is wrong, you'd be stuck with the part since it's not common to accept service parts on return unless defective.

Yes, it does sound like the person that helped you could have been a bit more thorough, and perhaps with a more polished attitude. I've never had a bad experience with Anthem, though I've never had to send anything in for a repair. Never know, and it's not an excuse, but maybe they bloke you talked to you was just having one of those days.
Hello Jonas2,
Thanks for the feed back. I found a authorized Anthem dealer in the city. I am now working with them to get this fixed.
Regards
Jeff

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
The problem is, many "power conditioners" can't provide clean power when there's a surge in power draw -- as happens with amps. It's not unusual to have amp makers (includes Receiver makers) recommend against using power conditioners.
--Bob
@Bob Pariseau, would you recommend one over the other? I have the Panamax 5300PM that I am currently plugged into. I have one free outlet available for my MRX1120. The home was built in 1973, but as renters (and very knowledge about type of wiring done) I'm not sure how clean the power we're getting other than I don't have any feedback or flickering when running specific appliances. For the last few years, we have run a portable room-ac during the hotter months on the same circuit without a single issue.

·
Premium Member
6,821 Posts
Hello Jonas2,
Thanks for the feed back. I found a authorized Anthem dealer in the city. I am now working with them to get this fixed.
Regards
Jeff

That's great news. Keep us posted on what the problem was, and how it goes overall.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
The problem is, many "power conditioners" can't provide clean power when there's a surge in power draw -- as happens with amps. It's not unusual to have amp makers (includes Receiver makers) recommend against using power conditioners.
--Bob
Hey Bob...haven’t seen you on the thread in a while, you doing ok?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
That's great news. Keep us posted on what the problem was, and how it goes overall.

New Jersey seems like a hub for electronics repair.

·
Registered
9,938 Posts
I should have been more clear, Anthem actually recommends not using a power conditioner. Which seems odd, unless they think “conditioned” power is worse for their units. Maybe they fear people using lousy power conditioners, so, they just make this blanket statement.

Thanks for the Panamax recommendation, I’ll check it out.
That's so strange. I totally missed that in the manual.
Couldn’t find this on the web site either. Are you sure this is their current stance?

·
Registered
26 Posts
MRX 720 Volume Automatically going to -90

I have my Theater AVM 60 out for repair so am using my family room MRX 720 as a temporary solution. It was working perfectly, no problems whatsoever, when all of a sudden my overall volume went to 0 (-90) on its own. I have Control4 that is the backbone of my entire house.
I’ve reset the receiver, etc. and no matter what I do, volume starts at default-35 and then receives some signal from somewhere to go to -90?? Crazy frustrating.

I was able to stop this behavior by turning off IP Control in General Config Settings. So I presume my MRX 720 is ok. But what to do now, no idea…

Anyone experience anything like this? Any troubleshooting suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Maybe unplug the IP control and plug it back up. I use my Harmony hub plugged up directly to the IP control on the back of my 720. Never had and issues.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
340 Posts
When in the general configuration menu why is my auto off greyed out on 20 minutes? I can't make adjustments to it? Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
507 Posts
When in the general configuration menu why is my auto off greyed out on 20 minutes? I can't make adjustments to it? Anyone else have this problem?

Just checked. Mine is greyed out on 20 minutes also. I'm running the beta FW. Are you?

If so, that's two bugs in this FW that I am aware of:
1. this one (auto off)
2. no test tones from the calibration menu.

I may roll back to the last firmware to verify that this fixes the auto off. I know it did the test tones. Whether or not I reinstall the beta FW is to be decided.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Any of you guys listening to Tidal Atmos music using the AppleTV 4K? I mentioned to my wife last a couple weeks ado how good AppleTV+ Atmos sounded and now we have Atmos music and it sounds pretty good. Still trying to decide if I prefer ARC on or off, what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
340 Posts
Just checked. Mine is greyed out on 20 minutes also. I'm running the beta FW. Are you?

If so, that's two bugs in this FW that I am aware of:
1. this one (auto off)
2. no test tones from the calibration menu.

I may roll back to the last firmware to verify that this fixes the auto off. I know it did the test tones. Whether or not I reinstall the beta FW is to be decided.
Running 1.4.095

·
Registered
507 Posts
Running 1.4.095

Interesting. I'll try and reload this firmware later today or tomorrow to see if this is still greyed out on mine.

Reactions: Norris Kasey

·
Registered
340 Posts
I just updated my ARC Genesis software to the beta 1.2.3 and I can't select level calibration in the setup menu of my MRX720. Firmware is official release.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I just updated my ARC Genesis software to the beta 1.2.3 and I can't select level calibration in the setup menu of my MRX720. Firmware is official release.

I can select level calibration in the menu and then a speaker profile. I didn't retest, but last time the test tones didn't work. I'm on beta FW and 1.2.2 beta calibration is loaded into my MRX720.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Weird now it works...

Is this the level calibration in setup menu or auto off or both that now works?

I did reload the last official firmware. All ok with level calibration and test tones.
Auto off was still grayed out. I had to turn Standby IP Control to Off to be able to select Auto Off. Funny, OFF is the default setting for this, and I don't recall ever turning it on.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Couldn’t find this on the web site either. Are you sure this is their current stance?
I saw it about 6 or 7 months ago and emailed their support group who confirmed it. You're right, don't see it anymore.

On a side note, all three of their receivers no longer are for sale online. Maybe we are finally going to see a new series of receivers?

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
I saw it about 6 or 7 months ago and emailed their support group who confirmed it. You're right, don't see it anymore.

On a side note, all three of their receivers no longer are for sale online. Maybe we are finally going to see a new series of receivers?
Crutchfield shows in stock for all three receivers.

9881 - 9900 of 10395 Posts