AVS Forum banner

9961 - 9980 of 10333 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
It does not.

And it treats multiple subs "correctly" as a single mono source.....meaning you have to do your alignment and such externally (either on the subs themselves if they have adjustments available or via a device like a miniDSP or if you have a rectangular sealed room via correct placement based on the Harman research).

Correct in ARC does not set them. However, as I understand the manual, you can manually set delays via speaker distance. Only one subwoofer distance, though.

Reactions: coxjamb

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Thinking about the channels being locked up in the MRX AVRs has me wondering... Do other AVRs allow amp channels to be reassigned to whatever purpose is wanted / needed? Seems like a fair number of customers would prefer to power the front 3 with an external amp and re-purpose the internal amps to surround and Atmos duty.

Haven’t heard of any AVRs but have heard D-Sonic is coming out with a programmable amp that allows you to assign power to channels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
About to add surrounds and would like to know if I can create an input where only my front (LCR) play and another for when I want the surrounds on for a movie?

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Isn't that a profile setting? That's how I do 2.1 so it would seem like 3.0 or 3.1 would be quite similar.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: mbroadus

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Isn't that a profile setting? That's how I do 2.1 so it would seem like 3.0 or 3.1 would be quite similar.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Thanks...you’re correct speaker setting profile. I was searching in the input settings.

·
Registered
487 Posts
About to add surrounds and would like to know if I can create an input where only my front (LCR) play and another for when I want the surrounds on for a movie?

Yes, you can.
First, as Bill-99 noted, you'd need to create two speaker profiles, 1 for 3.0, the other for 5.0 (or x.1 on both if using a sub).
Then, you'd need to set up two inputs, one using the 3.x profile, the other using the 5.x profile for each source you want to have the option.
I've done something similar for my CD and TT inputs (2.1 with ARC, 2.1 w/o ARC, Multichannel w/ ARC).

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Yes, you can.
First, as Bill-99 noted, you'd need to create two speaker profiles, 1 for 3.0, the other for 5.0 (or x.1 on both if using a sub).
Then, you'd need to set up two inputs, one using the 3.x profile, the other using the 5.x profile for each source you want to have the option.
I've done something similar for my CD and TT inputs (2.1 with ARC, 2.1 w/o ARC, Multichannel w/ ARC).

Thanks!

Reactions: madrac

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Yes, you can.
Thanks for adding clarity for other readers. I was tired when posting this and close to writing "You should zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..."

BTW others have mentioned this but it's worth revisiting: more than 4 profiles would be a welcome improvement. Why not double that, or perhaps allow a dozen? Memory is cheap. It would enable faster testing and more flexibility to better dial-in our systems. Anthem, if you are reading this, it would be a nice incremental addition to whatever follows the current AVM and MRX products.

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
BTW others have mentioned this but it's worth revisiting: more than 4 profiles would be a welcome improvement. Why not double that, or perhaps allow a dozen? Memory is cheap. It would enable faster testing and more flexibility to better dial-in our systems. Anthem, if you are reading this, it would be a nice incremental addition to whatever follows the current AVM and MRX products.

I would definitely like to see more profiles available. :)

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I would definitely like to see more profiles available. :)

10 would be a nice start.

Reactions: Jonas2

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
10 would be a nice start.

Oh yes, that'd would do me beautifully! :) And nobody laugh, but I've said it before and I'll say it again, I wouldn't mind an AM tuner....:eek:

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Oh yes, that'd would do me beautifully! :) And nobody laugh, but I've said it before and I'll say it again, I wouldn't mind an AM tuner....:eek:
It was surprising that the current AVM / MRX didn't include an AM tuner with the FM tuner. But yeah, occasionally it would be useful.

More profiles would be useful. Some days I wish there was support to upload multiple ARC files for quick comparison. It would be useful as well if inputs could selectively use or not use ARC. But this may be in the realm of fantasy, especially since ARC is kind of the crown jewels for Anthem, not to mention how intrusive this is likely to be in the software.

Reactions: mbroadus and Jonas2

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
It would be useful as well if inputs could selectively use or not use ARC. But this may be in the realm of fantasy, especially since ARC is kind of the crown jewels for Anthem, not to mention how intrusive this is likely to be in the software.

Do you mean on-the-fly ARC on or off for an input?

·
Registered
12,228 Posts
It was surprising that the current AVM / MRX didn't include an AM tuner with the FM tuner. But yeah, occasionally it would be useful.
Does Roon-Ready include their handy internet radio feature? I use that quite a lot -- the "reception" is pretty good. ;)

·
Registered
487 Posts

Good question. Otherwise, set up two inputs -- one with ARC ON, one with it OFF.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
On the fly would be great. Kind of like the Dolby Volume button on the remote perhaps.

Support for at least 2 uploaded calibration files with the ability to switch between them on demand would be very useful. Having the ability to A/B and choose the best could potentially eliminate dependence on hearing memory which is quite short.

Dynamic capabilities for as many of the configuration parameters as possible is desirable. Tying changes to the hard button remote kind of boxes in those capabilities so implementing those kinds of changes in the remote software, or perhaps even a separate piece of tuning software, would be preferable.

These are the kind of changes that I think would pay big dividends for users and push Anthem well ahead of the pack. There are likely to be some changes that have to remain static but consider, how useful would it be if you could change the speaker configuration, room gain, room gain center, deep bass boost, deep bass boost center, tilt level, tilt start frequency, max EQ frequency, etc. on the fly? I think it would be a game changer.

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
Good question. Otherwise, set up two inputs -- one with ARC ON, one with it OFF.
On the fly would be great. Kind of like the Dolby Volume button on the remote perhaps.

Support for at least 2 uploaded calibration files with the ability to switch between them on demand would be very useful. Having the ability to A/B and choose the best could potentially eliminate dependence on hearing memory which is quite short.

Dynamic capabilities for as many of the configuration parameters as possible is desirable. Tying changes to the hard button remote kind of boxes in those capabilities so implementing those kinds of changes in the remote software, or perhaps even a separate piece of tuning software, would be preferable.

These are the kind of changes that I think would pay big dividends for users and push Anthem well ahead of the pack. There are likely to be some changes that have to remain static but consider, how useful would it be if you could change the speaker configuration, room gain, room gain center, deep bass boost, deep bass boost center, tilt level, tilt start frequency, max EQ frequency, etc. on the fly? I think it would be a game changer.

Indeed, on the fly would be awesome (to avoid dual inputs like that but at least that is one way of doing it.)

Multiple calibration files, also cool idea. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
MRX1120 question: Does Play-Fi allow output to the optical out or Zone2 analog out? Was planning to use Play-Fi to feed an MDX16 for whole-house audio. Since all my streaming devices connect via HDMI, I believe I need a different source since I can't output HDMI audio to Zone2 analog.

Separate Q: Can I output HDMI audio via the optical out? I don't think so...

·
Registered
6,078 Posts

More profiles would be useful. Some days I wish there was support to upload multiple ARC files for quick comparison. It would be useful as well if inputs could selectively use or not use ARC. But this may be in the realm of fantasy, especially since ARC is kind of the crown jewels for Anthem, not to mention how intrusive this is likely to be in the software.
The Anthem Remote app lets you toggle ARC on and off on the fly, if that is what you are looking for.

9961 - 9980 of 10333 Posts