AVS Forum banner

10041 - 10060 of 10317 Posts

·
Registered
3,974 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Without fail, when it happens to me, it is always the playfi one still showing, both routers I've had. I don't think I've ever seen that one drop off.

As you can see in the picture, both are miraculously up at the moment, but note the up times - the playfi one connected for over 5 days, which was when I last restarted the router, and 6 hours for the one I need...
I wonder if the anthem Remote APP uses the same Mac address as Genesis when connecting? Basically this has three address one for the LAN, Play-Fi, and WiFi.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
499 Posts
I'd like to share an issue (and solution) I had with my MRX 1120 just in case it happens to someone else. I lost my power twice yesterday within an hour, each outage less than a second, but long enough to cause everything to power off including my router. A little while later, I went into the Anthem app to change the volume, but I couldn't connect. I opened the network settings and saw no IP. I clicked on Wireless Settings and NOTHING happened. I started to panic. Then I thought to unplug the MRX 1120 from the back, wait 30 seconds, and plug it back in. That did the trick! I listened to a couple songs and then bam, the power went out for good.

When the power came back about 15 minutes later I had no internet, TV, or phone. After spending 10 minutes on hold with my ISP, I had to deal with a bot instead of a human to troubleshoot. It said to unplug and plug back in the main box for internet/TV/phone. That worked, but then my MRX was still disconnected from my network. I had to pull it out of the cabinet yet again to unplug it and plug it back in. Everything is finally back up and running as usual!

Reactions: BGLeduc

·
Registered
6,078 Posts
I'd like to share an issue (and solution) I had with my MRX 1120 just in case it happens to someone else. I lost my power twice yesterday within an hour, each outage less than a second, but long enough to cause everything to power off including my router. A little while later, I went into the Anthem app to change the volume, but I couldn't connect. I opened the network settings and saw no IP. I clicked on Wireless Settings and NOTHING happened. I started to panic. Then I thought to unplug the MRX 1120 from the back, wait 30 seconds, and plug it back in. That did the trick! I listened to a couple songs and then bam, the power went out for good.

When the power came back about 15 minutes later I had no internet, TV, or phone. After spending 10 minutes on hold with my ISP, I had to deal with a bot instead of a human to troubleshoot. It said to unplug and plug back in the main box for internet/TV/phone. That worked, but then my MRX was still disconnected from my network. I had to pull it out of the cabinet yet again to unplug it and plug it back in. Everything is finally back up and running as usual!
I recently made the same discovery. Hell of a lot easier than trying to re-set the connection via the UI and/or PlayFi.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi all.
All of a sudden my mrx1120 seems to have quit sending a signal to my subs. I have two svs ultras and they are making no sound but are on. When I go to the test tones the subwoofer out makes no sound, but the other channels remain good. The subwoofer is on in speaker config.

I'm really at a loss. Trie power cycling, unplugging and as a last resort a firmware update which went fine, but still no subs.

Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Hi all.
All of a sudden my mrx1120 seems to have quit sending a signal to my subs. I have two svs ultras and they are making no sound but are on. When I go to the test tones the subwoofer out makes no sound, but the other channels remain good. The subwoofer is on in speaker config.

I'm really at a loss. Trie power cycling, unplugging and as a last resort a firmware update which went fine, but still no subs.

Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
When you unplug the sub cable from the AVR and touch the end of it, do you get a buzzing sound?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello Bryan,
Understood! I sure Hope it is sooner than later!
Regards,
Jeff
Just as an update, heard that Anthem will skip MRX-30's for the new models and call them MRX-40's. Let's see.
Also, i got rid of my B&W subwoofer (old AS-6) and got myself a Paradigm Defiance X-12. I've set it up, run ARC and it sounds pretty awesome. Still playing with some tweaks. I did notice one thing though.
First round of calibration, i did with a Laptop attached to the sub and Anthem MIC to laptop. I wasn't getting the thump that i wanted.
Second round, i used ARC Mobile with my ARC mike connected to my IOS phone using a 3.5mm to Lightning OTG adaptor. This sounded way better than the first time with the laptop.
I was told that doing it with the laptop is much better than the mobile. I experienced differently. Anybody have similar experiences?

Thanks

Reactions: mbroadus

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Just as an update, heard that Anthem will skip MRX-30's for the new models and call them MRX-40's. Let's see.
Also, i got rid of my B&W subwoofer (old AS-6) and got myself a Paradigm Defiance X-12. I've set it up, run ARC and it sounds pretty awesome. Still playing with some tweaks. I did notice one thing though.
First round of calibration, i did with a Laptop attached to the sub and Anthem MIC to laptop. I wasn't getting the thump that i wanted.
Second round, i used ARC Mobile with my ARC mike connected to my IOS phone using a 3.5mm to Lightning OTG adaptor. This sounded way better than the first time with the laptop.
I was told that doing it with the laptop is much better than the mobile. I experienced differently. Anybody have similar experiences?

Thanks
It shouldn't have anything to do with where you run the software from. Possibly what you have experienced is the usual hitn' miss.

·
Registered
281 Posts

Thanks
Any ETA on the next MRX line-up?

·
Registered
3,974 Posts

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Based on the crippled versions being rolled out this year by Denon and Marantz, it’s looking like 2021 may be the earliest we could see stability in the hdmi2.1 receiver category.

Fine by me!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: MOberhardt

·
Registered
20 Posts
Reactions: Quattro

·
Registered
281 Posts
Anyone who’s bought their MRX in the last few months, do you have the option in the Dolby Atmos menu to activate “Center Spread” feature?

I was just watching this video that talks about Dolby eliminating it. If they have at least there is still Anthem Logic Music mode which accomplishes the same thing (minimizing music in the center channel).

Edit: May have found the reason, this is in the comment section:
They're doing this because they're launching Atmos Music. If our receivers have upmixing options that sound almost as good, there would be little reason to subscribe to streaming services paying them licensing fees. They're removing a feature we had and selling it back to us.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Anyone who’s bought their MRX in the last few months, do you have the option in the Dolby Atmos menu to activate “Center Spread” feature?

I was just watching this video that talks about Dolby eliminating it. If they have at least there is still Anthem Logic Music mode which accomplishes the same thing (minimizing music in the center channel).

http://https://youtu.be/fTcdA0Dqlqk
I was going to post about this perhaps start a petition and send to dolby?

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Is there a way to delete an input in the input setup menu?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10041 - 10060 of 10317 Posts