AVS Forum banner

10061 - 10080 of 10321 Posts

·
Registered
3,974 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
New to this forum. I have an MRX1120. Has there been any noise about Anthem enabling the Onscreen Display for volume etc. when handling Dolby Vision? I see some manufacturers have done this. Would it, by any chance, be in the beta firmware I've read about?

·
Registered
60 Posts
New to this forum. I have an MRX1120. Has there been any noise about Anthem enabling the Onscreen Display for volume etc. when handling Dolby Vision? I see some manufacturers have done this. Would it, by any chance, be in the beta firmware I've read about?
I called Anthem's support line a few months ago and asked about the OSD for DV, and they said there were no plans to fix that. I use the smartphone app in place of the remote most of the time, which works pretty well.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I know a while back some people were looking for a Logitech or other remote to control their Anthem AVR/AVM, did you guys find a solution? I’m currently using 3 remotes and would like to at least get it down to 2 for my 720 and Xfinity cable box.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
485 Posts
I know a while back some people were looking for a Logitech or other remote to control their Anthem AVR/AVM, did you guys find a solution? I’m currently using 3 remotes and would like to at least get it down to 2 for my 720 and Xfinity cable box.

I use the Logitech 650. This and the TV remote (as I generally don't use my system for tv) are on the coffee table, other remotes in the drawer.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts

I picked up a Harmony 665 Remote on sale for $49.99 from bestbuy.com back in May. I use it with every one of my devices. Unfortunately it is limited to 10 total devices.

Anthem Receiver: When selecting the device "Anthem AV", it gives you 12 windows, each with 4 options. The 1/12 and 2/12 have some quick option features. 12/12 has the "Setup" button feature, and can easily scrolled to by hitting the "left button" once. From here, you can use the directional arrows and enter button. Unfortunately, the "Exit" button doesn't take you out of the Setup feature. You have to push the Setup button in the window, then click the "Back" and "Activity" button in the screen to go back to the activity you are in. It's a little more time than if you just used the MRX remote.

One feature that can be annoying is that the MRX receiver's last input or a designated input come up first once the receiver turns on. Sometimes this can make it so that whichever ACTIVITY you select has it's input go back to the default. Just pushing help and following the prompt can fix this within 5 -10 seconds.

I'd rather have these small nuisances with a $50 remote than a $199+ remote.

Reactions: mbroadus

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
One feature that can be annoying is that the MRX receiver's last input or a designated input come up first once the receiver turns on. Sometimes this can make it so that whichever ACTIVITY you select has it's input go back to the default. Just pushing help and following the prompt can fix this within 5 -10 seconds.

I am using a Harmony One that I have had for quite a while. Works fine with the same exception you mention in the quote, but I live with it.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I picked up a Harmony 665 Remote on sale for $49.99 from bestbuy.com back in May. I use it with every one of my devices. Unfortunately it is limited to 10 total devices.

Anthem Receiver: When selecting the device "Anthem AV", it gives you 12 windows, each with 4 options. The 1/12 and 2/12 have some quick option features. 12/12 has the "Setup" button feature, and can easily scrolled to by hitting the "left button" once. From here, you can use the directional arrows and enter button. Unfortunately, the "Exit" button doesn't take you out of the Setup feature. You have to push the Setup button in the window, then click the "Back" and "Activity" button in the screen to go back to the activity you are in. It's a little more time than if you just used the MRX remote.

Thanks...I’m trying to find a remote for my wife for whenever I’m not home. If she can get the TV, the 720 and Xfinity box on, she can watch cabletv, Netflix and Amazon Prime.

·
Registered
7,028 Posts

I use a Logitech Harmony Elite and through it's activities it controls everything in my system perfectly.

Anthem MRX 720
Marantz CD player
Sony Projector
Panasonic 4K Player
xFinity Cable
PS3
PS4
Nintendo Switch

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I use a Logitech Harmony Elite and through it's activities it controls everything in my system perfectly.

Anthem MRX 720
Marantz CD player
Sony Projector
Panasonic 4K Player
xFinity Cable
PS3
PS4
Nintendo Switch

Good to know...thanks. I’ve had Harmony remotes in the past but have not purchased a new one since I heard they had problems with Anthem receivers.

How does it work with PS4?

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Thanks...I’m trying to find a remote for my wife for whenever I’m not home. If she can get the TV, the 720 and Xfinity box on, she can watch cabletv, Netflix and Amazon Prime.

The remote would work fine for this. One thing that takes getting used to when switching to a universal remote is to use the remote to shut down, change an activity (switching from one input to another) rather than the individual remotes. There can be minor glitches when you try mixing the remotes to switch activities since the remote needs to be in the specific activity mode to work properly.

You just prioritize the activity and the main device that needs to be controlled for the Apps works like the device's natural remote when it comes to cable, Netflix and Prime. The MRX will be designated for the sound during programing on your computer, so no matter what activity you're in, the volume controls the receiver. We use AppleTV 4K to control all our Streaming so it's a nice one-stop shop.

·
Registered
28,455 Posts

I bought my MRX 710 from an electronics recycle place and it didn't come with the remote. The Harmony 650 remote controls everything with no issues at all. I'm sure it'll work with your MRX 720 and should control your cable box too.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Zero problems with my Harmony Elite and the Anthem AVM60.

Anthem MRX 720
Marantz CD player
Sony Projector
Panasonic 4K Player
xFinity Cable
PS3
PS4
Nintendo Switch

Good to know...thanks. I’️ve had Harmony remotes in the past but have not purchased a new one since I heard they had problems with Anthem receivers.

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
Good to know...thanks. I’ve had Harmony remotes in the past but have not purchased a new one since I heard they had problems with Anthem receivers.

The Harmony works with the PS4 when I added this https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Receiver-Logitech-Harmony-Control-4/dp/B01K3VMBM0 . The Harmony Elite can turn the PS4 off but the PDP IR turns it on without using a controller. Just create a Harmony activity and assign the on command to the PDP and the off command to the Harmony. Every other PS4 command is already part of the Harmony. Once the PDP is paired with the PS4 and Harmony you'll never know your using because it's seamless and it's just part of the PS4 activity you create in the Harmony.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
The Harmony works with the PS4 when I added this https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Receiver-Logitech-Harmony-Control-4/dp/B01K3VMBM0 . The Harmony Elite can turn the PS4 off but the PDP IR turns it on without using a controller. Just create a Harmony activity and assign the on command to the PDP and the off command to the Harmony. Every other PS4 command is already part of the Harmony. Once the PDP is pared with the PS4 and Harmony you'll never know your using because it's seamless and just part of the PS4 activity you create in the Harmony.

Thank you!

·
Registered
519 Posts
I called Anthem's support line a few months ago and asked about the OSD for DV, and they said there were no plans to fix that. I use the smartphone app in place of the remote most of the time, which works pretty well.
Not what I wanted to hear, but thank you! I'll drop them a line to add a voice. My Yamaha receiver does it just fine.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
@thrillcat & @Legairre - when programming the remotes, do I need to program a delay for the inputs (cable, TV & AVR) when turning the system on/off?

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I bought my MRX 710 from an electronics recycle place and it didn't come with the remote. The Harmony 650 remote controls everything with no issues at all. I'm sure it'll work with your MRX 720 and should control your cable box too.
Good to know, I have a 650 in my box of cables and land of lost AVR supplies. Thanks!

·
Registered
485 Posts
@thrillcat & @Legairre - when programming the remotes, do I need to program a delay for the inputs (cable, TV & AVR) when turning the system on/off?

Off, no.
On, I do up the default delays on several devices. It helps, but I do get the occasional hiccup (eg wrong input) that is easily fixed by following prompts from pushing Help on the remote.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Off, no.
On, I do up the default delays on several devices. It helps, but I do get the occasional hiccup (eg wrong input) that is easily fixed by following prompts from pushing Help on the remote.
My system works better when my 720 comes on last (TV, Xfinity cable box, Anthem 720).

10061 - 10080 of 10321 Posts