AVS Forum banner

10741 - 10760 of 10858 Posts

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
I mean like is there any difference configuring my system on my computer as a 7.1 sourround sound system vs just the stereo system. is it higher quality or something.
Its got nothing to do with how many channels you use, its to do with the sample rate selected, you can go up to 192Khz.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi, I'm hoping to get some help with my MRX 520 powering itself off. This only happens when I'm using a PC via HDMI to the MRX 520 and no audio is playing. So far I've tried 3 PCs and it happens with each.

The auto power off happens consistently and takes anywhere from 5-15 mins when no audio is playing. I called Anthem support and they were very responsive but couldn't help me pin down why this is happening. We went through all the basic troubleshooting and configuration steps ranging from firmware updates, toggling CEC enable/disable, to resetting the unit to factory settings. I even sent it in to Anthem and it tested fine. I have tried with 3 different Win10 PCs (desktops/laptop) into different HDMI ports and the power off is consistent. One PC has an nVidia GTX 1070, the others use integrated Intel GPUs. Sleep has been disabled on the PCs.

I also have an Oppo Bluray and Roku Ultra and this doesn't happen with any of those sources. In case it helps, the TV is a Samsung. I've tried searching the web and this forum for clues but no luck. Any suggestions for PC settings that could be triggering this?

Thanks, Bill

·
Registered
Klipsch & JTR & Anthem & Parasound & good music & movies makes for some unforgettable memories!
215 Posts
Its got nothing to do with how many channels you use, its to do with the sample rate selected, you can go up to 192Khz.
I do select the sample rate at that but every time I restart my computer it goes back to 16 bit 48hz dvd quality. What should I have it selected at? Also what is the name of the Dac that is in the anthem mrx720 and is it capable of unfolding mqa files?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Can someone educate me on what the latest beta firmware is and if it’s worth upgrading to? I recall a while back some people were using it. I was hoping to find on Anthems website a new released version by now. But sadly no.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
Can someone educate me on what the latest beta firmware is and if it’s worth upgrading to? I recall a while back some people were using it. I was hoping to find on Anthems website a new released version by now. But sadly no.
Thanks

In my opinion yes as it fixed a long standing problem it had with lossy DTS-X. Eg Fast and Furious 7 and 8.

·
Registered
Klipsch & JTR & Anthem & Parasound & good music & movies makes for some unforgettable memories!
215 Posts
So I finally have played a movie out of my old hd DVD player and it gives me Dolby D but only comes out of two channels. I have to go to Dolby sourround for the sound to come out of all my speakers. On Dolby D shouldn’t it be coming out of all my speakers?

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
So I finally have played a movie out of my old hd DVD player and it gives me Dolby D but only comes out of two channels. I have to go to Dolby sourround for the sound to come out of all my speakers. On Dolby D shouldn’t it be coming out of all my speakers?
No - - the signal is only 2.0 so in standard source mode will only come out of two speakers. You'd have to go to the input Listening Mode Presets, and choose the "Mode Preset for Stereo Sources".

·
Registered
215 Posts
Actually now that the movie starts all speakers are working instead of 2 of them on Dolby digital, my two back surrounds. I have 7.1 going But if I use Dolby surround then all of them work. Is this normal?

·
Registered
4,554 Posts
View attachment 3045630 View attachment 3045632
I do select the sample rate at that but every time I restart my computer it goes back to 16 bit 48hz dvd quality. What should I have it selected at? Also what is the name of the Dac that is in the anthem mrx720 and is it capable of unfolding mqa files?
You've got Windows issues. May I suggest you research those or post in the appropriate thread as this can be quite a lengthy troubleshooting process that is not to do with the Anthem.

·
Registered
10,045 Posts
Actually now that the movie starts all speakers are working instead of 2 of them on Dolby digital, my two back surrounds. I have 7.1 going But if I use Dolby surround then all of them work. Is this normal?
Yes, Dolby Surround is the name of the up mixing feature that takes anything from 2.0 and higher and expands it to all* your speakers.

---
*When last I checked it didn't make use of "wides" but few people use those and it doesn't sound like you have those since that would mean you have a 9.1.x system and Anthem doesn't offer that AFAIK.

·
Registered
589 Posts
This beta works for mrx 1120? just to make sure...
yes.
Note, though, that I believe this beta may be the one where the AVR test tones will no longer work (at least that's what happened to me and several others who posted similarly). I went back to the last official release.

·
Registered
71 Posts
yes.
Note, though, that I believe this beta may be the one where the AVR test tones will no longer work (at least that's what happened to me and several others who posted similarly). I went back to the last official release.
Thanks!
What is the difference between the beta and the official?

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
Thanks

Others have posted that you will loose the center spread feature. It was removed per Dolby in the latest firmware and if you load the latest it will be gone.

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Hi, I'm hoping to get some help with my MRX 520 powering itself off. This only happens when I'm using a PC via HDMI to the MRX 520 and no audio is playing. So far I've tried 3 PCs and it happens with each.

The auto power off happens consistently and takes anywhere from 5-15 mins when no audio is playing. I called Anthem support and they were very responsive but couldn't help me pin down why this is happening. We went through all the basic troubleshooting and configuration steps ranging from firmware updates, toggling CEC enable/disable, to resetting the unit to factory settings. I even sent it in to Anthem and it tested fine. I have tried with 3 different Win10 PCs (desktops/laptop) into different HDMI ports and the power off is consistent. One PC has an nVidia GTX 1070, the others use integrated Intel GPUs. Sleep has been disabled on the PCs.

I also have an Oppo Bluray and Roku Ultra and this doesn't happen with any of those sources. In case it helps, the TV is a Samsung. I've tried searching the web and this forum for clues but no luck. Any suggestions for PC settings that could be triggering this?

Thanks, Bill
EDIT #3
Does your display turn off even though the PC is still running when this occurs? If so, you may want to disable the display from ever turning off. IIRC there is something funky that can occur in the HDMI stream when this happens causing other bad side effects. I ran into something in this vein using JRiver software on a Windows 10 PC and it was a real PITA to run down.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Others have posted that you will loose the center spread feature. It was removed per Dolby in the latest firmware and if you load the latest it will be gone.
Hmmm. Ok maybe I’ll hold off then.
Also am wondering what is taking so long to get out of beta....

·
Registered
215 Posts
How do you even do updates for the anthem? I heard they took away spread but is that for anthem receivers too? So there’s an update out the the anthem receivers and if we do it it will take away the spread feature on Dolby sourround? I’m never doing the update then. What is the update even for, is it something I should do?

·
Registered
215 Posts
No - - the signal is only 2.0 so in standard source mode will only come out of two speakers. You'd have to go to the input Listening Mode Presets, and choose the "Mode Preset for Stereo Sources".
You mean standard source mode as none. When the movie started when I had it on Dolby d it was coming out of 5.1.

10741 - 10760 of 10858 Posts