AVS Forum banner

10821 - 10840 of 10954 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
There's a little 2.1 (8K) just beside the 1140 in the first picture.

Maybe it has to do with this?

Is this the only manufacturer of 2.1 chips? I wonder...

·
Registered
30 Posts
From Anthem owners Facebook page.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I like what I see. Very sleek. I will spring for the 1140 after trading in my Yamaha RX-A3080, that is if a good deal comes up around Christmas (normally 1k off the price). If it does get offered on special this year, I'm happy to wait it out till next year end as well.

Reactions: mbroadus

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm sure I'm in the minority but I hope the MRX-540 having five amps on board means they will still offer Pro Logic 2 (like the MRX-520), since Dolby ditched the center spread for Dolby Surround there's barely any options left for the few of us who want to upmix music without L/R collapsing into the center. Anthem Logic doesn't do it for me.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
It would have been nice had they stepped up the AKM line with a bit better DAC for this iteration. I like the 4458 in my Oppo and also in my MRX-520, but as I see it, the only difference for me would be the inclusion of wi-fi, airplay2 and chromecast. I need neither of those things as my Technics SACD/CD player does all those things.

I only have a 2.0 system and used the MRX-520 because I like the room correction. But with room correction filtering into 2 channel devices, I'm likely to 'upgrade' to more of a 2 channel integrated with Dirac, if I upgrade at all. Nothing about the 540 says, 'you must replace your 520'.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Can someone explain to me why they would use an 8 channel DAC (AK4458VN) In a 15.2 channel processor? Excuse my ignorance on the subject but I'm just trying to wrap my head around this.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Sorry in advance for my ignorance, but weren't the old MRXs a more traditional AVR? The new one seem to be processors with some of the channels amplified. Are they combining the MRX with AVM?
Also why HDCP 2.2, 2019 models from other brands already had 2.3 in 2019.
Lastly, no one heard of screen capturing? ;)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Can anyone let me know.... How they measured the centre channel in REW with the Anthems?.... In my OLD Integra 80.3...i had PLII mode so I could measure the centre channel by itself. I have measured L and R and those are time aligned with the subs.... But want to make sure what the subs are doing.

Thanks in advance!
Kevin

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
233 Posts
Wonder if the 1140 will have the ability to shut off amplifiers that you aren't using. Like how the denon x8500h can.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Can anyone let me know.... How they measured the centre channel in REW with the Anthems?.... In my OLD Integra 80.3...i had PLII mode so I could measure the centre channel by itself. I have measured L and R and those are time aligned with the subs.... But want to make sure what the subs are doing.

Thanks in advance!
Kevin

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Kevin,
Replied in the AVM60 thread but posting here as well.

Assume you are using HDMI from your computer to the Anthem for REW? If so, the input on the Anthem needs to be configured for the speakers you wish to measure. Center is 1.3 in REW.

Robert

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
IF the rumor is true about the new MRX 740 etc I don't see any compelling reasons to upgrade, the most noteworthy feature was for me the independent subwoofer outputs, also if they now included auto delay/distance calibration that would be a nice benefit apart from these it seems just a facelift to me.

·
Registered
645 Posts
IF the rumor is true about the new MRX 740 etc I don't see any compelling reasons to upgrade, the most noteworthy feature was for me the independent subwoofer outputs, also if they now included auto delay/distance calibration that would be a nice benefit apart from these it seems just a facelift to me.
Anthem has stated multiple times that they don't believe in setting distance automatically so I doubt it.

·
Registered
4,620 Posts
Anthem has stated multiple times that they don't believe in setting distance automatically so I doubt it.
Yeah that's just silly as. Really can't logically comprehend that decision

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Yeah, there are several people smarter than me that have brought up good arguments for manual distance settings since automatic setting speaker distances can be prone to error or something. I used to think that it made more sense to let the AVR report what it "hears" based off of room and environmental factors and let it make corrections based off of that, but the arguments I read about it when I got my 1120 made more sense that there is good reason to never use automatic sensing of distance, even on AVRs that have the capability.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
i just got 1120 last month ago, should i look into 1140. it looks much nicer though no hdmi 2.1. it is not deal breaker without 2.1 though.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Yeah that's just silly as. Really can't logically comprehend that decision
I prefer setting distances myself, I just wish I could set them using ever 6 inches rather than foot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: nickbuol

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
i just got 1120 last month ago, should i look into 1140. it looks much nicer though no hdmi 2.1. it is not deal breaker without 2.1 though.
Wait until the new advertising comes out...I believe I saw something in the advertisement that said 8K. Also, Marantz, Denon and Yamaha have recalled their 2.1 units.

10821 - 10840 of 10954 Posts