AVS Forum banner

11241 - 11259 of 11259 Posts

·
Registered
Optoma UHD60, Yam. CX-A5100, Outlaw 7500, Marantz MM7055 & MA500, ML Motion 40’s-15’s-50XT, Grotto’s
15 Posts
I recently bought an Anthem AVM60 on eBay. It arrived with the firmware not up to date. So, I updated the firmware and everything went smoothly. But for some reason, ever since I updated the firmware, I can’t run the processor for longer than 10 mins before it 100% completely freezes on me. Freezes so completely that the only thing I can do is unplug the god damn thing. Also, I haven’t been able to get the WiFi to work at all on it. I’ve tried every way at least a dozen times and nothing I do has been able to get it connected.

Does anyone have any experience with any similar problems with their Anthem processor? Does anyone know what I may be able to do to remedy the situation? I’ve already tried doing a factory reset, as well as just a soft reset by unplugging it then emptying the capacitors by repeatedly pressing the power button, then plugging it back in. Nothing seems to help in the least bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Reactions: nathan_h

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I recently bought an Anthem AVM60 on eBay. It arrived with the firmware not up to date. So, I updated the firmware and everything went smoothly. But for some reason, ever since I updated the firmware, I can’t run the processor for longer than 10 mins before it 100% completely freezes on me. Freezes so completely that the only thing I can do is unplug the god damn thing. Also, I haven’t been able to get the WiFi to work at all on it. I’ve tried every way at least a dozen times and nothing I do has been able to get it connected.

Does anyone have any experience with any similar problems with their Anthem processor? Does anyone know what I may be able to do to remedy the situation? I’ve already tried doing a factory reset, as well as just a soft reset by unplugging it then emptying the capacitors by repeatedly pressing the power button, then plugging it back in. Nothing seems to help in the least bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
is it locking on certain inputs? you might need to reinstall FW, not sure if that is possible.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
MRX 720
If you remove ARC settings using Genesis, is there a way to confirm these are actually removed? I thought that N/A might show in the Input set up for Anthem Room Correction. Seems to be what I recall when I did it previously. However, just tried it again today (with multiple versions of Genesis and powering down as instructed), and don't see N/A. Seems to also be an ARC name and date in System Info menu (I didn't look there the last time I did this.
I also tried factory reset from the Load/Save menu, ARC info still there after reloading user saved settings.
Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
MRX 720
If you remove ARC settings using Genesis, is there a way to confirm these are actually removed? I thought that N/A might show in the Input set up for Anthem Room Correction. Seems to be what I recall when I did it previously. However, just tried it again today (with multiple versions of Genesis and powering down as instructed), and don't see N/A. Seems to also be an ARC name and date in System Info menu (I didn't look there the last time I did this.
I also tried factory reset from the Load/Save menu, ARC info still there after reloading user saved settings.
Any thoughts?
That is certainly strange and undesirable behavior. Using the latest version of ARC Genesis with my 720, the ARC settings are in fact completely removed when that function is used.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
thanks, rynberg.
can you confirm which version of Genesis are you using?
Also, can you let me know how you have confirmed that they are completely removed? Is it that N/A shows up for ARC in the input set up or do you see nothing in the System Info or both?

·
Registered
319 Posts
How many people are running the avm 60 and using xlr or coax? I just switched from a 720 as a pre pro using coax to a avm 60 using monoprice xlr, I found I sometime get a pop or weird sound when it shuts off. Sound seems to come through the speakers for a split second and it’s not all the time. Amps are all emotive and I didn’t know if it was the extra gain from the xlr causing this to the amps? This is my first time using xlr. Its also showing more of a ground loop sound vs coax. Not sure if I should go back to using coax instead of the xlr cables. If I did that would I loose any thing from sound quality over the xlr?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
If your cable runs are short, no problems using rca (coax) instead of XLR's. If long (say greater than 5 meters), XLR could work better.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
also posted following in the dedicated Genesis thread...

Really stumped on why Genesis apparently won't remove an uploaded file. Tried several things today:
  1. reinstall firmware (latest official) - nope.
  2. Installed beta firmware (1.6xxx - the one where test tones don't work - at least for some) - nope.
  3. Back to latest official firmware. Nope.
  4. Factory reset - yes - removed ARC.
  5. Ran new cal on mains only and uploaded. Tried to remove cal - nope.
  6. Factory reset - didn't upload any ARC files.
Did send an email to Anthem tech support --- will see what/if they reply.

Anyone have a newer firmware then 1.4095 or 1.6098 (newest beta I have)?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have a newb question. on thé back of the MRX720, there are two inputs for ‘subwoofers’ are those inputs for two subwoofers or are they for the left and right to the LFE of one subwoofer?

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
thanks, rynberg.
can you confirm which version of Genesis are you using?
Also, can you let me know how you have confirmed that they are completely removed? Is it that N/A shows up for ARC in the input set up or do you see nothing in the System Info or both?
Hey madrac, I am using 1.3.25. The 720 is on latest official firmware. Sorry, I can't recall if it showed N/A or something else, but I wiped the settings a couple of weeks ago and they were definitely gone, as I could not enable ARC.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
thanks, rynberg. Someone else replied to me, as well, saying they had the same issue -- couldn't remove (but could over-write). I'm able to over-write, as well. As of now, I've done a factory reset so no ARC. I'll decide whether or not to upload a correction when I get to that point.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello! I am considering purchasing a used MRX720. I know the seller and it has been well cared for, but ~4 years old. If it has been functioning fine should I have any hesitation based on the age? How do these Anthems age? Thanks!!

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
If you know the seller and history of the unit, I think it would be ok.

·
Registered
Optoma UHD60, Yam. CX-A5100, Outlaw 7500, Marantz MM7055 & MA500, ML Motion 40’s-15’s-50XT, Grotto’s
15 Posts
is it locking on certain inputs? you might need to reinstall FW, not sure if that is possible.
@ZenLunatique Have you tried reloading the firmware?
well, I’ve only tried it on the first two hdmi inputs, both were hdmi connected to my projector. I would LOVE to try to downgrade the firmware but have no clue how I might be able to go about finding older firmware versions to do this with. And Anthem STILL hasn’t responded to my customer service emails. I am at my wits end. It’s inexcusable that a company like Anthem that sells $3000 av processors can’t be bothered to respond to their customers service requests. Whether or not I get this figured out, I’m ****in done with Anthem. It’s utterly absurd that they don’t have time to respond to an email from a customer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
@ZenLunatique Have you tried reloading the firmware?
I would LOVE to figure out how to do that. Unfortunately it completely freezes on me anytime I press ANY button whether it’s on the processor itself, or on the remote control. Any idea how I might be able to do that without going into settings through the UI? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,133 Posts
well, I’ve only tried it on the first two hdmi inputs, both were hdmi connected to my projector. I would LOVE to try to downgrade the firmware but have no clue how I might be able to go about finding older firmware versions to do this with. And Anthem STILL hasn’t responded to my customer service emails. I am at my wits end. It’s inexcusable that a company like Anthem that sells $3000 av processors can’t be bothered to respond to their customers service requests. Whether or not I get this figured out, I’m ****in done with Anthem. It’s utterly absurd that they don’t have time to respond to an email from a customer.
Have you tried calling Anthem?

BTW, did you reach out to the seller and report this freezing issue?

11241 - 11259 of 11259 Posts