AVS Forum banner

11261 - 11280 of 11282 Posts

·
Read the FAQ!
35,791 Posts
One neat thing I discovered that I thought I would share here is that if you need to access the crossover levels, you don't have to open arc on a computer. You can just use your remote and access settings in the Anthem receiver and scroll down to bass management and then change your crossover levels. I had accidently deleted my ARC file from my pc and I didn't want to remeasure everything just to change the center channel crossover level.
The ARC results are a combo of settings you can see in the Anthem's setup menus (e.g., speaker levels and speaker crossovers) and settings you CAN NOT see in the Anthem's setup menus (e.g., the Room Correction parameters).

The Room Correction parameters are calculated and uploaded by the ARC app as part of what happens when you use the app to create your ARC setup.

If you change the Crossovers in the Anthem's setup menus, the Room Correction parameters are no longer "valid". I.e., they rely upon the Crossovers being what ARC thought would be when the Room Corrections were calculated.

If you've accidentally changed a Crossover in the setup menus and want to go put it back to what it is supposed to be, then that's fine.

But if you want to impose a DIFFERENT Crossover value, then that really needs to be done in the ARC app -- followed by a re-Calculation and re-Upload -- to get the Room Correction parameters adjusted to match that new Crossover choice.

Unfortunately, if you've lost your saved ARC results file, this can only be done by doing a full re-Measurement.
--Bob

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
The ARC results are a combo of settings you can see in the Anthem's setup menus (e.g., speaker levels and speaker crossovers) and settings you CAN NOT see in the Anthem's setup menus (e.g., the Room Correction parameters).

The Room Correction parameters are calculated and uploaded by the ARC app as part of what happens when you use the app to create your ARC setup.

If you change the Crossovers in the Anthem's setup menus, the Room Correction parameters are no longer "valid". I.e., they rely upon the Crossovers being what ARC thought would be when the Room Corrections were calculated.

If you've accidentally changed a Crossover in the setup menus and want to go put it back to what it is supposed to be, then that's fine.

But if you want to impose a DIFFERENT Crossover value, then that really needs to be done in the ARC app -- followed by a re-Calculation and re-Upload -- to get the Room Correction parameters adjusted to match that new Crossover choice.

Unfortunately, if you've lost your saved ARC results file, this can only be done by doing a full re-Measurement.
--Bob
Makes sense and I had never thought of the correction being off by using the avr menu after calculating and uploading.

Good info there Bob.(y)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hello! I am considering purchasing a used MRX720. I know the seller and it has been well cared for, but ~4 years old. If it has been functioning fine should I have any hesitation based on the age? How do these Anthems age? Thanks!!
My 720 has been with me 6+ years and still going strong with no issues whatsoever! If they are cared for, they should last I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: nathan_h

·
Premium Member
JVC RS3000 / Anthem MRX 720 5.2.4 / SVS Ultra Towers Center / PB16 Ultra / PB 2000
37 Posts
Hi Amazing AVS community. Hope you're all having a lovely day. I've never been able to solve this one problem I have with DTS Play-fi. When I stop playing music from my phone via play-fi, my MRX720 never turns off automatically like it does on any other input. I have a sleep timer set in the anthem settings. I dug into the play-fi app and it doesn't allow me to change the settings in the sleep timer on the play-fi app in the advanced settings. Does anyone have a solution? I hate leaving my receiver on all night and day when I forget to turn it off after playing some music via play-fi. Play-fi and the receiver are on the latest firmware. Thanks :)

·
Registered
13,039 Posts
I don’t have a solution. PlayFi is a really mediocre system. But if you find an answer, please post it here. Would be useful to know. I fear there isn’t a solution other than remembering to manually turn it off.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Amazing AVS community. Hope you're all having a lovely day. I've never been able to solve this one problem I have with DTS Play-fi. When I stop playing music from my phone via play-fi, my MRX720 never turns off automatically like it does on any other input. I have a sleep timer set in the anthem settings. I dug into the play-fi app and it doesn't allow me to change the settings in the sleep timer on the play-fi app in the advanced settings. Does anyone have a solution? I hate leaving my receiver on all night and day when I forget to turn it off after playing some music via play-fi. Play-fi and the receiver are on the latest firmware. Thanks :)
I have the same issue. Started using the anthem remote app to remind myself to turn it off manually. It’s ridiculous that there’s not a better solution unless someone else can shed light?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don’t have a solution. PlayFi is a really mediocre system. But if you find an answer, please post it here. Would be useful to know. I fear there isn’t a solution other than remembering to manually turn it off.
I have the same issue. Started using the anthem remote app to remind myself to turn it off manually. It’s ridiculous that there’s not a better solution unless someone else can shed light?
To be fair, Play-Fi has improved over the years - it is now useable but still stop playing from time to time (I used not to be able to play a single song until the end). The transfer to speaker is still totally unusable though (loose capability to control). I am holding hope that it will somehow become a fully usable local streaming solution in the next few years … for the ten years anniversary of its launch maybe :oops:

Strangely enough, my MRX shutdown after 30 minutes of inactivity on the Play-Fi channel. I will try to check if I find something relevant in the settings… I think I may have found something: there is indeed no settings in the MRX itself but using the PlayFi (iPad in my case), under settings (after selecting and turning the device on via the app), then under Advanced Settings there is something called “standby timer: turn off the device after a predefined inactivity duration.” What is strange, is that, in my case, there is no timer defined for my device (and no obvious way to add /remove one) but it still turns off automatically. Maybe a not settable feature on the European models?

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
is it better to play via Bluetooth or from Apple TV, I am using Spotify App from Apple TV. play works I don't use it that much to comment. I don't have Bluetooth antenna installed just hard wired connection, it think I plays over wired connection on same network and not using bluetooth.

·
Registered
13,039 Posts
Bluetooth is pretty compressed. I would surmise the ATV app will get the lossless tier of Spotify called hifi, and then the difference will be even greater.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Has anyone figured out how to get lip sync to work for Dolby Digital Plus (DD+) audio streams? It flat out doesn't work on this type of audio stream. I have an AVM 60 and a MRX 520 - neither work (same firmware).

It's basically impossible to watch netflix now with an OLED that requires a lot of lip sync.

I have sent multiple messages to Anthem support about the issue over the course of a year. They don't even respond.

For anyone considering purchasing these units used - I highly recommend picking something else if you watch netflix...

·
Registered
312 Posts
I am looking for someone to professionally calibrate my Anthem 1120 system. I have a 5.1.4 speaker system. Looking for someone to run ARC and then program the 1120 receiver for both music and TV profiles. I am in the Bay Area

·
Registered
13,039 Posts
There is a thread for "calibrators". The posts are mostly about video calibrators (where they are, what services they offer, if they travel, where they will be and how to reserve a time with them). The thing is: Most of them are also offering audio calibration services.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hey folks…long time away from The Forum but checking back in as I’ve recently upgraded my HT setup and am experiencing some bugs and headaches.

Biggest current one is that I can’t get my MRX 720 connected to my WiFi.

WiFi is a Netgear Orbi. The MRX is only a few feet from it. Yet, most of the time when I search for a network in manual setup, it can’t find my network. When it does (it’s about 50-50 each time I try), it “sees double”—I see my network listed twice. Probably either the 2.4 and 5 gHz networks or the main router and the satellite.

When I do find the network(s) and try to connect (to either), it always fails. Yes, I know I have the right password.

Any ideas? This same unit has connected to the same router before, a few years ago. But in the interim, I moved to wired Ethernet. Now I’m trying to go back to WiFi because I needed that port for another device.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
@SubArctic Assuming you did (re)install the WiFi antenna? On current firmware? As I recall, there were numerous users who had/have issues with the Anthem's wifi. If all else fails, what about a new switch with more ethernet ports (or daisy chain another with additional ports)?

·
Registered
119 Posts
@SubArctic Assuming you did (re)install the WiFi antenna? On current firmware? As I recall, there were numerous users who had/have issues with the Anthem's wifi. If all else fails, what about a new switch with more ethernet ports (or daisy chain another with additional ports)?
I don’t think I ever took the antenna off. I didn’t specifically check for it when I was crawling behind my gear today (not an easy process…) but I sure hope it’s on. I wouldn’t think I’d ever be seeing the networks at all, if it wasn’t.

I am on the current firmware for both my MRX and Orbi. Last time they connected via WiFi was several firmware iterations back for both—a creeping incompatibility could be the problem.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I, too, find wired to be very reliable with my 720. Use an 8 port switch currently. When running ARC, laptop is wireless and finds the Anthem no issues usually (just need to make sure the Anthem is on for a few minutes).

11261 - 11280 of 11282 Posts