AVS Forum banner

101 - 120 of 10319 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
A release date for the US & Canada for the new MRX receivers would be awesome!:confused:
Nick already posted in #51 that official announcement (with official specs) is due in October with the CEDIA event.
Until then it's all pure speculation.
However, in a couple of days the IFA in Berlin starts, with a little luck maybe we will know a little more...

·
Registered
1,276 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Nick, what would be the reason to get a AVM60 as opposed to a 1120? Besides the obvious lack of amps and XLR outputs does the AVM have any advantage in terms of processing? Audio? Or is it just for people who already have power amps and just need a processor?
Same processing, upgraded A/D converters, dedicated headphone amp circuitry since there's no power amp to redirect. It's primarily meant for anyone who prefers a prepro with XLR output over AVR-as-prepro.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Same processing, upgraded A/D converters, dedicated headphone amp circuitry since there's no power amp to redirect. It's primarily meant for anyone who prefers a prepro with XLR output over AVR-as-prepro.

Nick, in terms of ARC does the D2V have more processing power or does the new ARC1M\2? I'm not in the market for either right now but am just curious. In terms of HT priority, a P2 and in the future a P5 are my priority then I'll deal with what pre\pro I'll get. And by the time that rolls around hopefully I'll be in a new house with a better designed room for a HT and not a rec room turned into a make shift HT.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
^ Dolby Atmos aside, D2v DSP still has more power but ARC-2 software which applies to MRX gens 2 and 3 and AVM 60 makes up for it through tweaked algorithms. The important things are a. are the targets the right ones and b. is there enough processing power to meet them. The answer is almost always yes to both regardless of model as long as the subwoofer isn't in a bad position, and it's largely the result of a wide range of real-world .arc files having been sent to tech support when something didn't seem right.

·
Registered
625 Posts
That's good to know. As I stated before it will be a while before I can get a new receiver or a Pre/Pro. What is nice is that my Sub2 has PBK to help with correction before ARC comes to play. Unfortunately my sub placement is limited and since I removed the futon and put in a pull out couch, my PBK and ARC results got a lot worse for the sub. I'll deal with that another time. Thanks for your response!

·
Registered
78 Posts
^ Dolby Atmos aside, D2v DSP still has more power but ARC-2 software which applies to MRX gens 2 and 3 and AVM 60 makes up for it through tweaked algorithms. .
Would be nice if "tweaked algorithms" were included in ARC1, no reason why they shouldn't be the same.
Of course except connectivity to the unit(serial vs ethernet).
Cheers

·
Registered
23 Posts
New photos of the 1120 up on the AV Consultants Int'l Facebook page...
Looking forward to this receiver and have the 1120 marked for my next upgrade, after doing some research for the past month. Will be jumping ship from NAD since there is no news on the 787 or a 788 supporting Atmos or anything. Plus taking into account the great reviews the Anthem MRX710 has received, really looking forward to giving Anthem a try.

Reactions: AVfile

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I just signed up for a day one purchase of the 720 at my local AV store. I'm so stoked to see how it will make my setup sing. Bloody hell, the wait is killing me!

Reactions: AVfile

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi Nick,

Will the the Anthem MRX 720 have 7.1 analog inputs?
Thanks,

Earl

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
^ Dolby Atmos aside, D2v DSP still has more power but ARC-2 software which applies to MRX gens 2 and 3 and AVM 60 makes up for it through tweaked algorithms. The important things are a. are the targets the right ones and b. is there enough processing power to meet them. The answer is almost always yes to both regardless of model as long as the subwoofer isn't in a bad position, and it's largely the result of a wide range of real-world .arc files having been sent to tech support when something didn't seem right.
Question.
Will arc in these units now do distance calibration, or is it still the good old manual way😀

Also, which of these new atmos models, can allow arc to correct upto 20000 Hz?
I know the prior receivers for example onky allowed 5000 Hz as max.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
^ 5k max and tape measure for same reasons as before

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Will the the Anthem MRX 720 have 7.1 analog inputs?
It won't, for same reasons as before but more so. 5.1 analog-in appeared because it was the only standard method of connecting multichannel DVD-A and SACD. Then came HDMI, and more recently music on Blu-ray and downloads.

·
Registered
231 Posts
It won't, for same reasons as before but more so. 5.1 analog-in appeared because it was the only standard method of connecting multichannel DVD-A and SACD. Then came HDMI, and more recently music on Blu-ray and downloads.
Nick thank you for the reply. I never knew Anthem's reasoning for leaving this type of connection off of the MRX line. I have an Oppo 105, and I currently use the multi-channel outputs to a pre-HDMI receiver. It also gives me another listening option, that does change the sound a bit when compared to the dedicated stereo outs. I just didn't want to lose the use of this feature. That is why I have been hesitant about purchasing the 710. I am looking at the 710 to replace and older model from Yamaha to hopefully better my two channel stereo sound.
Thanks again,

Earl

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Anthem new Receiver and Processor support Dolby Atmos and DTS:X

Earl,
You are living in the past. Most of us went HDMI years ago and put away the rats nest of analog cables. The improvement in sound quality has me NOT looking back.
Stefan

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Just got my Outlaw Audio 7700 amp installed. I'm glad I'm still somewhat spry as lifting that beast onto my top rack was a challenge to say the least (93 pounds). Whew. Now everything is ready to go except my receiver. Waiting on you, Anthem. ;)

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
101 - 120 of 10319 Posts